VII

"Why can't y'all come with me," E'ani pouted as she packed a weekend bag

"Why can't y'all come with me," E'ani pouted as she packed a weekend bag. She and Amere were going to D.C. this weekend. They had meetings to attend, and interviews to be had. Since she was alumna, Howard University called her and tried to see if they could get him to speak there for the students in the sports programs, and she thought it was a good look.

"I got a whole baby," Sincere giggled. "Baby daddy had to go see his mama this weekend so its just me and her, sorry sis,"

"And we have to go see Roman's nana this weekend, she's sick. We're just gonna pay her a visit," Nyx nodded. "Have fun though, at least you'll get to see your family!"

"Yeah," Yanni smiled. "I miss em. Especially my lil EJ," she cooed. She planned to surprise EJ so he could meet Amere, he loved football just like the rest of her family and she knew he'd been a fan of Amere. He was more than willing to meet EJ, which she was happy about.

"Okay, let's get you to the airport, boo. Why you not flying private with Amere?" Sincere asked as they walked down to the car.

She could have, but she hated feeling like she was taking advantage of people and the thing they could offer. He was already paying her a hell of a lot of money, she could fly on a regular plane.

"Chile, I'm not no celebrity, he is. He has to fly private," she said.

"I just know he tried to argue you down," Nyx laughed. They all knew how E'ani and Amere's relationship was. They'd heard them fuss on the phone, they'd seen it at games sometimes, it was all hilarious to them.

"He did, but his ass is on that private plane right now, so I won the argument, like I always do," she said. "He not beating me in no argument and that's a fact, he need to stop trying," she chuckled, checking her messages to see if he texted her.

saint🤍: I landed luv

: okay good, glad you made it safe. should be a car waiting on you to take you downtown to your hotel

saint🤍: bet, thank you yaya

: you're welcome saint

When they pulled up to the airport, Yanni grabbed her bag and gave her friends hugs goodbye, and thanks for dropping her off. She went inside and got an overpriced starbucks drink to pass some time and waited for her flight to board.

 She went inside and got an overpriced starbucks drink to pass some time and waited for her flight to board