XX

"Hey—what's wrong?" Amere scrunched his face up as Yanni got in his car

"Hey—what's wrong?" Amere scrunched his face up as Yanni got in his car. She was visibly upset, she was never one to be able to hide her emotions well on her face.

"Nothing," she mumbled, getting on her phone. His eyebrow raised, looking over at her again, nodding to himself, leaning his seat back and pulling his phone out too, taking the keys out the car, making her glance up at him. "What are you doing, Amere?"

"Oh we talking? You ain't said hi to me or nothin'" he side eyed her and she huffed in her seat. "What is you huffin' fa'? You been knowing I'on like that shit. If it's somethin' wrong witchu, say that,"

She sucked her teeth rolling her eyes, "It's nothing wrong,"

"And you gon lie, I see you sitting in front of me wit' an attitude, E'ani, rollin' yo eyes and shit," he replied.

She did this quite often. She'd be in a bad mood and instead of telling him she was in a bad mood, she'd mope around or have an attitude and not talk to him like he was the reason for her bad mood.

"So if you see I have an attitude, why you asking me if I have one?" she squinted her eyes at him, and he rolled his.

"I ain't ask you that shit, E'ani. I asked you what the damn problem is, you getting' in hea' not wanting to speak to me like I did some shit, and I know I didn't. So what I'm askin' you is why you got the fuckin attitude, not if you have one, because you obviously do. So again, what is the matter with you?, " he replied, now starting to catch one back.

"Amere, it's nothing wrong with me—"

"Aight, bruh. Okay," he cut her off abruptly, starting the car back up. They rode back to his house silently, until they started passing food places. "You ate?" he asked, not looking at her like he usually would, and that's when she knew she made him mad.

"No," she said quietly. "But you don't have to—"

"Whatchu want?" he asked, nearly making her pout. "Before we pass everything, Yanni. You want Chick fil a?" he asked. She just nodded and he did the same, pulling into the drive thru.