Deadly 68: Abduction

Yumi's POV

"How did you know about that?"

"Ay red horse!"

"Until now, that drink is still in your mind? Tell me, did you enjoy being with Black while drinking that beer and making a mess in HP?" I sarcastically askes.

Kiana made a sad face after rolling her eyes. I walked towards her while she stood still on her room's terrace.

"Ano ba kasing tinutukoy mo? At kailangan mo pa akong gulatin?"

"It's about Ed Smith having a dream of building an entertainment agency."

"Ah, 'yun lang pala. Nakasulat 'yon sa notebook ni Mama."

I slightly nodded. That's why.

I became curious but how the heck I didn't thought about Tita Igraine's notebook? I just sighed. Tumingin ako sa syudad na makikita mula sa terrace ng kwarto ni Kiana. It's already dark and the city lights are glowing. The cold wind is also blowing our hair backwards as I touched the railings.

Why do I feel so relax while standing here?

"Ang ganda 'no?" Kiana suddenly asked while looking at the view.

I nodded. "Yeah. And I am now thinking of switching rooms with you."

She immediately glared at me. Obviously, she doesn't want that idea. I can't blame her though because her room's terrace has the best view. Each room has their terraces but have the same view, which is the forest in front of our house. All we can see is trees, the sky and the road. Though, it's also a good view and the silence brings a relaxing feeling.

"Nasa akin na nga 'yung pinakamaliit na kwarto dito sa taas eh!"

I just shrugged when she said that. Ako ba sinisisi nito? She chose the smallest room here upstairs and we let her. But if I only knew that this room's terrace has that kind of view, I swear, makikipag-unahan pa ako sa kanila sa pagpili ng kwarto na 'to.

"By the way, how did Tita Igraine became connected to Ed Smith?"

Again, I was just curious. She didn't show the notebook a while ago because we were with the Kings. Well, even though they are already a part of the team, I still don't trust them and I know that Alex and Kaye have the same feeling.

Can you blame us? We don't know the Kings and they just showed up in our lives without any warning. Draven is a good guy, I think. But it's not enough to get my trust even though he's a friend of Kaye and Kiana. While Gelo on the other hand, I trust him but not that much as I trust the Queens.

"Gaya ng iba, tinulungan ng mga Montefalco ang pamilya nila Ed Smith. Kahit mayaman ang mga Smith, nagkaroon sila ng problema sa pagpapatayo ng mga laboratories dito sa Asia. They started building here in the Philippines at dito nila nakilala si Mama. Ayon sa notebook, maraming kalaban ang mga Smith dahil nga mayaman ang pamilya nila. Maraming gustong magpabagsak sa kanila. But the thing is, lahat pala ng mga kompanyang gusto silang pabagsakin, lahat ng iyon ay kasosyo ng mga Montefalco. Since my mother became friends with the Smiths, she helped them dahil nakita niyang mabuti silang tao."

She laughed with the last sentence while I kept my silence.

"But along the way, Ed Smith's parents died. At dahil siya lang ang nag-iisang anak, wala siyang choice kung hindi magpatuloy. Ang pinakaunang laboratory na tinayo nila dito sa Pilipinas ay dapat pamamahalaan ng father niya, but his both parents died. Siguro wala na din siyang choice kung hindi mag-aral about sa medicines dahil nag-aaral pa lang siya ng mga oras na 'yon. My mother treated him as her own child at doon naikuwento ni Ed Smith na gusto niya talagang magtayo ng Entertainment Agency."