9 • Memories

"The day passes with a hope, the distance will reduced with time and you will be mine"

As the birds were chipping near her window she woke up soon from her deep slumber. She looked around her room. Everything was so beautiful. Her bhai might have renovated the room lately. She didn't notice that last night.

She took the cup of coffee which was kept on the table. Probably her father did that early morning. And let the cold breeze touch her hair. So refreshing!

Just then her window got knocked.

"Here is your Panipuri madam!" He said climbing up to her window.

"Oh my God! Thank you so much Kartik!" She immediately hugged him out of excitement. He smiled at her cuteness. her one smile could brighten up his whole life.

"Sirf Thank you? I came all the way risking my life just for a simple thanks? Tumhe pata hai main gir bhi sakta tha!" He said faking anger.

"Acha toh mendak naraz hogaya! Maine Tumhe thodi kaha tha yaha se aajao. Huh! You could have came through main door."

"Ha waha se aata toh tumhare papa mujhe zinda nahi chodte!" She could not control her laughter listening to him.

"Kya Kartik! Hahaha! Tum darte ho mere papa se?"

"Darta koi nahi hai. Woh toh baas impression kharab nahi karna chahta main." He said not to embarrass himself before her.

"Haan samaj gayi main!" She again laughed making him irritated.

"Badi hasi aarahi hai Tumhe? Wait!"

And with that he started chasing her, messing up her entire room. At last she lost her balance and fell over him in the bed.

"Ab kaha jaogi Sherni!" He came closer and closer to her face when they were just about to kiss. Her room door got knocked which broke her beautiful dream.

A lone tear escaped her eye. She wiped it quickly and opened the door.

Naksh "Good morning Naira. Jaldi fresh hoke niche ajaa." He said keeping his hand on her head lovingly. She just nodded and went to freshen up.

___

Kartik was sleeping peacefully dreaming of his ladylove. But he had to come back from his dreamland as soon as his naughty brother poured a jug of water over his face breaking his peaceful sleep.

K "What the hell Shubham!"

Shubham "Finally you are awake!" He did high-five with mansi.

Mansi "Jaldi utho bhai! Aur apni galti ka compensation karo."

K "Konsi galti?" He asked confused.

Shubham "Oh nice! He doesn't even remember!"

Mansi "How mean, Bhai! Hum kal hi hostel se aaye. We have met everyone except you. We thought aap hume manayenge. kuch special karenge humare liye. lekin aap ne toh yeh tak notice nahi kiya ki hum itne din baad aaye hai. We are talking to you anymore. Huh!" She said turning her face away.

Shubham "Chal Mansi ab yaha rehne ka koi paida nhi hai. Kisiko humari padi hi nahi hai."

They were taking slow steps thinking he would stop them. But kartik was just observing their antics. He knew his siblings so well. Nautankies!

Mansi "Shubham Bhaiya? Zyada hogaya kya? He is not even calling us."

Kartik was still watching his brother-sister's overacting and laughing at their back. At last they turned back and saw his face.

K "Kya hua? Jao jao!"

Mansi "Ab rokh bhi lo."

He smiled and invited them in open arms. And the trio had a hug.

K "I missed you both."

Shubham "Dekh liya humne kitna miss kiya!" Kartik slapped him lightly.

Mansi "Bhai kal kya hua? Woh abhitak naraz hai?" She asked about Naira.

K "Hmm. Don't worry. We will fix it."

Mansi "Okay let's plan a family outing."

K "Great! Ek family picnic plan karte hai.
You guys plan something. I am going to get ready for office. Phir shamko mujhe bata dena. main arrangements kar dunga."

"Thank you Bhai. You are the best!" Kartik grinned looking at their happy faces.

___

Singhania family were having a great time with Naira. When Naitik decided to ask something.

Naitik "Princess! I forgot to ask you. How was the presentation? Tum ek deal crack karne gayi thi na?" Naira stopped eating and took a moment before answering him.

N "Yeah papa we got it. We can invest there. kuch formalities pending hai." she answered looking down.

Naitik "So you are going to office today." Her mind went to the incident that happened the previous day. How to not go there?

N "No papa. Samir is there to handle everything."

Naitik "okay! But you didn't tell me that company's name?" Done for!

"Naira why are you hesitating! You don't care right!"

N "Goenka Industries." Everyone looked surprised. And she left from there to avoid their weird looks.

Akshara "Apko pata tha Naitik?"

Naitik "Of course!" Akshara sighed.

Naksh "Okay main aaj naira ko office dikha dunga. Humari cape town wali branch yaha pe settle karna hai. she knows better." Naitik nodded.

___

K "So Mr.Samir, Can you explain why your so called discipline boss is not here yet?" He asked Samir.

Samir "Mr.Goenka as per I remember I informed you last time that I'm handling this project. Then why she would be here?"

K "I think you must be mistaken. Because the presentation was presented by her. The project is sealed with her signatures only. Doesn't she know that she should be the one to handle this project? how can your boss be this much careless?" He said.

Samir "Mr.Goenka, she can't come here."

K "Well you have an hour! I don't like to hear excuses."

Samir was now forced to call her. Kartik smiled secretly thinking of something. Does he know?

___

Naira was in her office. She was so in her work. she needed to cover up all this mess quickly. As she had to return back soon.

N "Yes, Samir?" She got his call.

Samir "Ma'am, Mr.Goenka wants to meet you. You have to come to office as soon as possible."

N "No, what? You are there then why me?" She sounded rude.

Samir "Ma'am they need your signature in some documents. Presentation bhi toh apne dikhaye the. I hope you understand."

N "Fine! Coming." She cut the call being frustrated.

Little did she know something shocking was waiting for her.

"Love doesn't need face to recognize one's presence as the heart knows"

***

Please do vote and comment if you liked the chapter. Let me know how do you feel about the story~Jiya🌸

***