Trust Me

Luna's Pov

        When lunch rolled around my tears had stopped, but I was still in the center of the stage. I picked myself up and walked inot the back room of the club, and cleaned myself up, so it didn't look like I had been crying. Once I was finished I smiled at myself in the mirror, and then I left the Music room, and made my way to the lunch room. When I got there I hurried over to the table, not bothering to get lunch. "Luna! What happened to you in class?" Tamaki asked worried. I sighed," I wasn't feeling good. The stress of exams in a few weeks was getting to me, and made me sick. I spent the rest of the morning in the nurses office, resting," They were all concerned so I held up my hands in a retreating way and laughed," I'm fine. Really, it was jsut stress. And don't worry, I will make it to the club this afternoon."

        It took a little more convincing, but I finally managed to get everyone to go back to their meal, Honey especially who became teary-eyed and panicky when he heard what happened. I turned to Kyoya and leaned my head on my hand and smiled at him," So, please tell me that you took notes today? And if so, can I please copy them? I really need them for finals, I just can't flunk this." He nodded," Sure, I have them back at class, would you care to accompany me?" I nodded and he stood up and held out his hand to me. I took it, and let him lead me back to the classroom. When we got there he let me go first, and he closed the door before going to his desk and pulling his notebook out of his bag," Here you go. If I could get them back before tomorrow though, that would be welcome." I nodded and mock saluted him," Yes, sir," I smiled. I turned away to leave when he grabbed my hand.

        I turned back and he was looking at the ground," Is somthing wrong?" I asked as I twisted my hand in his and entertwined our fingers. His grip tightened slightly, as if he was afraid I'd let go. I felt myself frown, and I set his notebook down on a desk and walked forwards. "Kyoya? What's wrong?" Panic was rising inside of me. He wouldn't look at me as he asked," Do you trust me?" Now I was concerned. I walked forwards and placed my hand gently on his cheek, making him look up at me. "Of course."  He wouldn't look me in the eyes and I said," Kyoya, look at me." He still wouldn't meet my gaze and I leaned forward and placed a chaste kiss on his lips. He looked at me now and I held his gaze," I have never trusted someone like I trust you. Not even my brother." He dropped my hand then, and then gently grabbed my face with both of his hands," Then, please tell me, why you're so sad."

        I was caught off guard by this. He wasn't acting like his normal self. I tried smiling, but it obviously wasn't convincing enough as I said," Kyoya, I'm not. Maybe a little because my brother left, but not enough to warrant your concern." He sighed and I saw him tense and his hands dropped to my shoulders, and his grip tightened, but not enough to hurt me. "Why? Why are you lying to me?" I shook my head," Kyoya-" He cut me off," Don't!" I flinched as his voice raised, I had never seen him lose control like this," I know it's only been a couple of weeks, but I'd think that you'd trust me more!" I shook my head," Kyoya, I do trust you." He looked up at me, and I saw confusion in his eyes, and I don't think he meant to yell, but he did anyway," Then why won't you tell me the truth?!" I felt tears in my eyes as I yelled," Because I can't! I'll die!" And both of our eyes widened as those words left my mouth. I put a hand over my mouth, and tried backing up out of his grip, but he wouldn't let me go.

        His voice was a considerable amount quieter as he asked," What do you mean?" I shook my head," I can't. I can't tell you. I want to, but I can't." I was starting to feel panicky, and my breath shallowed and picked up in speed. I was shaking as I realized what I had just done. I couldn't... I couldn't stay now... He pulled me forward, and held me against him, refusing to let go, despite my struggles. "Let go of me! Let go, Kyoya! Please. Please..." I begged, my voice going quieter and quieter. He shook his head," No." I finally stopped struggling and just stood there, letting him hold me. "You don't have to tell me everything, Luna. Not if it terrifies you this much. And, now I fear for you, but I trust you to tell me when, if, you can. And even if you can't, I would like to know why you are sad. I may not show it all the time, but I do love you." I buried my face into his chest," I love you, too," and I paused slighlty before asking," Can.. Can you just hold me? For a little longer," he nodded," Of course."

        And he continued to hold me, until the warnign bell rang. I reluctantly stepped from his grip," Thank you," He smiled lightly, and the sight both broke my heart and healed it. "Anything for you." I smiled, and stepped back up to him, and caught him off guard by leaning up and kissing his cheek, as my way of saying thank you. The doors opened then and I grabbed the notebook from the desk beside me and headed back to my desk as Tamaki walked in," There you two are. We all got worried when you didn't come back to lunch. What were you doing in here anyway?" Kyoya sat in his spot and said simply," We were going over the work that Luna missed this morning when she was sick." Tamaki raised an eyebrow and sat down," With the lights off?" Kyoya tuned to him and said in a voice that was finale," Yes, Tamaki. With the lights off."

        Other people began to filter into the room then, and finally the teacher came in. "Ah, Miss Rhoades, I'm glad you were able to come back and join us. We were all worried when you ran out and didn't come back." I felt my face darken with embarassment," I'm sorry, Sir, but-" He raised his hand, and I shut my mouth. "I am aware of the situation, Miss Rhoades, and you have been excused for the morning." Relief flooded me," Thank you," and he turned to the board and began teaching.

        This time, I was able to focus in class, and I managed to copy Kyoya's notes, and the ones the teacher was making. When class was over I went over to Kyoya and handed him his notebook," Thank you very much," I said with a smile. He nodded and took the notebook, placing it in his bag," It's no problem." I then turned away and went back to my desk, gathering up my book bag and then heading out the door, turning back to smirk at him," Well? Don't you have a club to attend to?" And I ran off down the hall, my heart lighter then it had been in weeks.