My Story

Luna's Pov

        We left his house forty-five minutes later, and arrived at the airport an hour later then I said I would be there. But, no one complained. We made our way to the flight, and I sighed as I set the suitcase down inside the plane doors. The plane was different from passenger planes, because it was a private one, so instead of the usual seats there were couches, and also a bar for when adults took it. There was a private section which had a bed; there was a bathroom as well, and a kitchend type section where the flight attendants would be if we needed something. 

        I went over to the couch and sat down as the door was closed behind Kyoya. I patted the spot next to me, and he sat down, making me lean on his shoulder. "So, before you can even attempt to ask, I guess I should tell you about my family. I guess it would be pointless to keep it secret now." I looked up at him and he only nodded and said," It would be welcome." I sighed and leaned back," Hmm, I don't know exactly where to start. Well, I guess with my father..." I thought for a second and then said," Well, as you saw my father isn't exactly mentally stable." I felt him stiffen, and I grabbed his hand. "When I was younger though, he was so kind to mme and my family. We were the perfect family. My dad was actually a commoner, married into my mothers family, but no one cared. They could see how much they loved each other. And they did, my father was a very gentle and caring person. But, when I was around ten, he changed. It was subtle things at first. He would raise his voice, or get frusterated really easy. My mother claimed it was stress. But, it wasn't.'

        "He got worse very quickly. He shouted at everyone all the time, and he would get violent and break things, and tip furniture. It was terrifying," His hand squeezed mine and I shuddered once before continuing," Finally, one day he took it to the next level and slapped my mother. She instantly snapped back and began screaming at him about hsi atrocious behavior, and he mellowed out an began crying, apologizing over and over, saying he didn't know what had happened. She forgave him. Of course she would, he was the one she had fallen in love with. But, he got violent again the very next day. She was able to calm him down for a few weeks, but it got worse. She finally couldn't control him at all. He beat her all the time. We moved to America when I was twelveso no one would notice the difference in him. And then, when I was thirteen, he raised his hand to Russel, and I jumped in the way, taking the blow. From there on, he beat us daily. My mom, she changed because of it.'

        "She couldn't stand up to him, and he threatened that if she told anyone he would kill her. She stayed silent, but she was also losing her sanity. She wouldn't defend us anymore, and she one day she just stopped caring about us all together. She only cared about her public image, because in her mind, it was all she had left. Once I turned sixteen, I planned with Russel to use this to our advantage. We threatened that if she didn't send us back to Japan to live on our own we would go to the press about our father. She was never allowed to contact us, or speak with us or we would instantly tell. She was so afraid that she agreed. Also, she has ties all over the media and managed to keep everything referring to her husband that wasn't strictly related to business out of the news. She was so afraid of losing her damn image." I used my free hand to wipe my tears away.

        "I hated her so much for what she had done. How she pushed her children away when we needed her the most. And now, I won't get the chance to apologize to her. To hug her anymore. Because she's gone. Her and Russel. That's why he left all those weeks ago. She had called up, wanting us to come home. He made a deal with her, saying he would come home if she never contacted me again. She agreed, and he left. My younger brother gave up his life to protect me. What kidn of sister am I? I was supposed to protect him!" I ended up crying, and Kyoya pulled me to him, rubbing my back and trying to soothe me. "They could still be alive, Luna. They could still be there waiting for you." I shook my head," That's a false hope Kyoya. There's no chance he would have left, leaving them alive. He took the only family I had."

        I cried quietly as he held me, and about an hour after I stopped I whispered," I'm tired, Kyoya," and he stood up, carrying me bridal style to the bed," It's going to be a long flight, you should sleep." I nodded as he laid me down and pulled the covers over me. He stood up and I grabbed his sleeve, as my eyes began to close. "Sleep with me," I mumbled, barely awake enough to catch his blush. I smiled as he nodded and pulled the covers back and getting under with me. I curled into his chest and muttered before fallign asleep," Thank you."

        I woke up to Kyoya gently shaking me. "Where here," He said and I rolled over in the bed, waving my hand at him," No way. I haven't been sleeping nearly long enough." He chuckled," Well, we are. You slept for ten hours straight." I shot up in the bed," No way." He nodded and got out of the bed, and offered his hand to me. It was then that I realized, I was still in my school uniform. I pushed him from the room, and pulled some jeans and a red and black plaid shirt from my bag along with a white tank top. I quickly changed and pulled on a pair of black sneakers. I stepped out of the room, and he raised an eyebrow at my attire. I shrugged," I don't go anywhere often. So, of course you don't see me in normal clothes."

        He was changed too, and he was wearing jeans and a casual vest over a tanktop. I grabbed his hand and then said," Do you know what time it is?" and he nodded," Around six on Tuesday." I sighed," Great, you know jet lag is going to be terrible. Oh, you probably don't speak much English do you?" He only streightened slighlty and said," I would say that my English could use a little work, but otherwise it is fine when I visit." I thought and said," Okay, but, I think I will do most of the talking. Oh, and by the way. I hope you don't mind the paparazzi. After my dad took over the company, my mom became big in modeling. I'm sure that the media has gotten wind of my return and is waiting for me just outside the plain. So, when they ask questions, your only response needs to me, "No comment."' I knew he was used to having his name recognized, but being harassed by the media was another thing. I pulled the hood up on his vest-thing then, and put sunglasses on him, and then said," Are you ready? There's no way I can hide who I am, but at least you won't have to deal with their crap." He nodded. I grabbed his hand then, and the door opened, and I placed my sunglasses on as the flashes of camera's began going off.

        We both grabbed our bags with our free hands, and we began heading out, the roar of the journalists abnoxious in our hearing. Question's were thrown left and right, but I paid no attention to them, ignoring the sound. Everything was a soundless drone, and I only replied with, "No comment," Every now and then. Kyoya did the same, and I smiled as his Japanese accent came through when he spoke English. It was adorable! When we got to the limosine, I opened the door, and put my bag in before me before sliding in, Kyoya doing the same. Once the door closed, I smiled over at him, despite the growing sense of dread growin inside of me," So, how did you like the media?" He looked over at me and said with the most serious face ever. "I never want to do that again."