I'll Be Home For Christmas

Luna's Pov

        I laughed as I finished my fifth or sixth song, and left the stage. I made my way, very slowly, over to the buffet table, which I may or may not have been eyeing for the past two songs. Finally, I was able to get there, but kept up my appearance, and chatted with a few people as I snacked. After a while of talking I saw Kyoya in the crowd and I excused myself to go and speak with him. But, I misjudged the density of the crowd, I lost him within five seconds.

        "Son of a..." I trailed off so as not to offend anyone, and continued to search through the crowd. "Excuse me," I said as I worked my way through," Pardon me," This was rediculous! Suddenly, I tripped over someone's foot and ended up falling forwards. But, before I hit the ground, someone caught me and brought me back to my feet. "Th-Thanks," I said as I looked up at whoever saved me. I smiled," Oh, Yoshio! What are you doing here?" I asked as I shook his hand. "Well, I heard about the dance and thought I would come to hook up some old friends of mine, but I didn't expect you to be here." I raised an eyebrow," Oh, really? You didn't expect me to be at the Dance taking place at Ouran? Host Club or no?" He only shrugged and a light blush dusted his cheeks," I guess I didn't really think about it." I laughed," Okay then. Hey, have you seen Kyoya Ootori anywhere?" He shook his head," Nope, I'm afraid I haven't. Sorry." I sighed and waved my hand slightly," No, it's fine. He just seems to have disappeared."

        I smiled," Well, it was great to see you again, but I think I should be-" Two arms wrapped through mine then and I groaned as twin voices said," Time to go!" I didn't even struggle as they dragged me back to the club room, but once we were alone I kicked their butts, literally, out of the back room before slamming the doors closed. I went to the car curtain and pulled it open to reveal a gown. (Side Picture). My eyes widened in surprise when I saw it, but then I smiled; I guess I could put up with this dress...

        After I washed my face of any and all existing make up, I stepped out of me dress, and into the new gown. Thankfully, the back wasn't hard to zip, and I wasn't SOL. After that, I put on the heels that were offered, and then walked out of the back room to see two you-know-who's waiting for me with a make up kit. I groaned," Okay, let's get this over with." And they lead me to the back room, where they did my make up and started just fixing my hair, and they pulled out a small jewelry box. I allowed the pearl studs, but I stopped them with the necklace. I pulled open my bag and took out a box. I removed the lid to reveal the silver necklace with the blue sapphire rose Kyoya had given me. "Are you sure? It doesn't match." They claimed. I snapped it around my neck, and smiled fondly at it in the mirror, "Definitely." I looked up at them, and smiled and they looked at each other before looking back at me," On second thought," Hikaru said. "It actually does match," Karou finished.

        I left the room and slowly made my way back to the Hall. I stood just outside the open doors staring at the crowd of people. I must have caught someone's eye, because it soon caused a ripple effect as I walked in, and more and more people's gazes turned to me as I looked through the crowds. Honestly, how hard was it to find one person? Then, I saw him walking through the crowd, and I couldn't help the smile that spread across my face. I hurried through everyone, them separating to let me through, and I hurried over to him. "Kyoya," I said quietly, and he turned to look at me. "Luna, I was wondering where you went," He said kindly. But, something seemed off. My smile turned uneasy as the next song started and he held his hand out to me. I took it gladly, and he led us across the dance floor. After a few moments of silence I gave up and asked," Is something wrong?"

        He met my gaze for a half-second and then looked away," No." I sighed and dropped my head," Honestly, why do you play these stupid games?" I muttered. "I don't know what you mean. But, I'm sure Yoshio Matsumoto would." My head snapped up then and I glared at him, before it dropped into a sad smile," Kyoya, your jealousy is terrible, yet flattering. I just met him a few weeks ago at the vet when I brought in Holiday. There's nothing to be jealous over." He still wouldn't meet my gaze and I asked," Kyoya, do you know what I want for Christmas?" He wouldn't meet my gaze and I reached down to remove one of his hands from my waist and brought it up and placed it over my necklace so he would feel it in the palm of his hand. "All I wanted for Christmas, was to dance with the one I love. Can you grant me that wish?" I was caught off guard as he spun me suddenly, and then caught my waist, and smiled a rare, sincere smile at me. "Of course. I'm sorry."