My Heart To Yours

Luna's Pov

        That night, I didn't sleep. Once Kyoya passed out, I slipped out to the main room of the hotel suite and opened my lap top, and began making arrangements for my families funeral. I wasn't going to bury them here though. America wasn't our home. Japan was. I stayed up all night planning, getting arrangements made. The funeral was to take place in four days, and I had lot's of work to do before then. I was the head of my father's company now, but I didn't plan on keeping the title for long. When five o'clock rolled around that morning, I got in the shower and changed into a black pant suit with a white blouse. I put on my heels, and then wrote a note for Kyoya, saying I was doing things for the company.

        I left the hotel then, laptop in my black satchel, along with my cell phone. When I got to the main lobby, there were paparazzi outside the lobby doors, and I readied myself for their harsh questions. When I opened the door, the noise was a roar in my ears, but I pressed pass them. I was almost to my town car when one reporter's voice caught my attention. "Miss Rhoades! Miss Rhoades! How did you feel when you found the bodies of your mother and brother? Is it true it was your father who brutally murdered them and the entire staff?" My hand froze on the door handle, and the crowd went silent as I turned aroudn to face the reporter. I smiled kindly at the girl, and everyone got ready to record my statement. "May I ask your name?" I asked kindly.

        She smiled and held her hand out," Alicia Forte, I work for People Magazine." I nodded and took her outstretched hand," I see," I dropped it," Well, Miss Forte, you must understand that I was raised as a lady, and am to respect others. And, I must now try not to embarass myself for the years to come. However, I must say that you are truly repulsive for asking a sixteen year old girl who was just almost murdered by her own father and discovered the bodies of her entire house hold, including all she had left of her family," The reporter blushed in embarassment and I continued," However, for the sake of my family, I feel obliged to answer your question. Do you have family, Miss Forte?" She nodded and stuttered out," Yes. A fiance, and son. Also, my brother lives nearby." I nodded," Okay, imagine you were at work one day, and your fiance came and attacked you. But, you managed to survive. But, you knew that something was wrong, and you rush home and burst through your front door, only to find your brother had come for a surprise visit. But, your fiance had already murdered him and your son. Imagine the heartshattering feeling that would fill you. Imagine if you knew something was wrong to begin with, but you couldn't do anythign to stop it. The helplessness you would feel. The terrible feelings that would fill you."

        She looked like she was going to cry," Now, imagine that you had to go on with your everyday life. You had to hold your head high, and not cry because you had to keep an image for the public, and deceased's families. I'm sure your brother had friends. How are you to explain them the sorrow you feel for them? You can't apologize for death, Miss. Because there is no reverse for it. Now, to make matters worse, imagine a reporter asking you how it felt. Miss Forte, I have to live with the death of my family for the rest of my life, and I have to live knowing that it was my Father who murdered every person in my household. What can I do for the families that have to feel this loss for themselves. Mother's, father's, sister's, brother's, aunt's, uncle's; all of these people feel the lost. All because of my family. Now tell me, have I answered your question?" She was in tears now and I nodded," Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to try and give apologies to those families, knowing there is nothing in this world I can do that can make it up to them. Have a good day," And I turned away and got into the car, as reporters began asking more questions, and that one girl left through the crowd.

        I pulled out my laptop, and began going through my mother's accounts, and spoke with my lawyer over the phone. I had spoken with him last night about her will, and everything had indeed, been left to me. I was transferring a certain amount of money to my accounts, a few million, and did the math on how long I would have it with having to pay taxes and living expenses and everything. "You should be set well into your forties, Miss Rhoades." I agreed. "Thank you, Sir. Now, we have the names of all of the families that were connected with the manow?" I could hear him typing on his end," Yes, and they shall be all recieve your gift." I sighed," I'm afraid it is all I can do for them."