Home

Luna's Pov

         After that initial excitement the mood mellowed out fast due to the task at hand. The limo driver had been serving my family for years, so there was no need to give him my address. All I told him was, "Take me home." The car jumped into gear, and we slowly left the lot, leaving the reporters behind. I grabbed the phone that was in the car, and called my house phone, waiting as it rang and went to voice mail. I didn't say anything as I set it down, and sat back in my seat. Kyoya only shifted in his seat, and pulled me to him, so I was resting between his legs. I leaned back against his chest and stared up at the ceiling. "What am I supposed to do?" I whispered to no one in particular.

        I picked up a remote from a cubby, and pointed it at the TV flipping it on to the news. It was talking about state elections, and taxes, and some other stuff. I sighed and turned it off," I guess the police haven't found out yet." Kyoya waited a few seconds and then said," Maybe nothing happened so there's nothing to report." I sighed and shifted slightly," No, Kyoya. I know that there...." I didnt finished the thought," Anyway, if the police had found them anyway, it would be all over the news. This is America, celebrities always comes before anything else." he sighed," That's pathetic." I smirked," Don't I know it."

        We were silent for the rest of the ride, and when the limo pulled up to my house, I got out, and froze at the memory of the place. "I don't want to go in there," I whispered as I clutched onto Kyoya's shirt. "I don't want to see them like... that." He wrapped his arm around me," Let's call the cops then. Let them handle it." I shook my head and took a shuddering breath, "No. What if... What if you're right? What if they are okay? I mean, we can't call the cops on false accusations." He sighed and made me look at him," Okay, Luna. What are you doing? You've been adiment this whole time, and I don't want to believe thsi has happened either, but whyare you doing this to yourself? It's worrying me." I think, under normal cicumstances, I would have started crying, but with everything that was happening, I couldn't bare to cry anymore, it didn't fix any of this. "I owe it to Russel. He's dead, because of me. I owe it to him, to be the one who finds him. The one who get's him out of there." I lookd up the steps to the mansion, and then let go of Kyoya, and began to climb them. When I got to the door, I pulled a key out of my pocket, and slid it in the lock.

        I heard Kyoya come up behind me, and I pushed open the doors, and instantly gagged at the smell that infiltrated my nose. I let my eyes adjust to the dimly lit mansion, and I screamed and collapsed to my knees at the sight. Everyone. Everyone was dead. The butler's, maids. Everyone; they dead on the floor, and stairs and littered every surface. I shook my head,' I can't do it. I can't go in. I'm sorry Russel. I'm so, so sorry." I heard Kyoya on the phones wiht the police, and then he hung up, and helped me to my feet, leading me away from the mansion. When we got to the bottom of the steps, we could already here the sirens in the distance.

        We sat on the bottom steps, and when the cops arrived, I didn't move from where I sat and let Kyoya explain everything. The police went inside and I heard a couple of them gasp in disgust at the smell. "At least a week," I mumbled," They've all been dead for at least a week." I put my head in my hands," I'm sorry, Russel. This is all my fault. I shouldn't have let you take my place. I should have at least come with." Kyoya overheard me and he cleared his throat, making me look up at him. "I'm glad you didn't leave." I shook my head," But I-" He clenched hsi fists," You couldn't have done anything!" He raised his voice slightly, attracting the attention of a few officers. "You would have ended up like everyone else if you had gone with him. And no one would know! You could have been in there for weeks and no one would know! And I.." He trailed off and then looked at me," Would you leave me?" I dropepd his gaze and stared at the ground.

        "No," I said," I won't leave you. I'm sorry." Everyone who had been close enough to overhear our conversation was staring at us now. I looked up at him," Never." He nodded and held his hand out to me, and I took it, letting him pull me to my feet. Once I was standing up, one cop shouted from the stairs, "I found them!" I froze and slowly turned aroudn to see two stretchers with two body bags on them being wheeled down the stairs. When they got ot the bottom I held up my hand for them to stop. "Young lady, we need to-" The detective ran up to stop him, and i heard him whisper in his ear," She is the daughter and sister of the deceased." The man nodded," Okay, but are you sure you want to see?" I nodded," I have to look for my own eyes. I have to be sure it's them."

        I laid my hand on the cover then, and pulled it back, I quickly looked away though. It was my mother. She had the same honey colored hair, and her infamous diamond necklace was a dead giveaway. I rubbed my eyes, trying to get the image of the bullet hole out of my head. I looked at Kyoya, and he gave me a look as if to say "Are you sure?" I shook my head. No, I wasn't sure if I wanted to check the other one. What would I do if it really was him? I took a deep breath as I walked up to the gourney. I gently placed my shaking hand on the top of the sheet, and clenched the soft material. I kept my hand there, for what felt like forever. Time seemed to stop, as I stared at the sheet. Was it really him? Had I really lost the only person I ever loved from my family? Time snapped back into motion around us as I brought my hand back, revealing my worst nightmare. "Oh, Russel," I said softly, as I saw his face.

        He had been shot in the chest, and I quickly coverd that part up, not wanting to see it. I left it at his neck, and gently laid my hand on his hair, petting it back from his face. "I'm so sorry this happened," I whispered. I didn't know what to expect. I think a part of me expected him to sit up, laughing and saying,"I got you!" And all of the servants would come out perfectly fine, and my mother would sit up and hug me, saying she loved me. But, I knew that wouldn't happen. He was gone. I smiled softly and leaned down to kiss his head. "I love you, Russel," I said, and I  brushed his hair back once more before pulling the sheet up back over him. "You can go," I whispered and the man nodded and pushed my brother off, and another pushed my mother. They were going to need more vehicles, or were going to make multiple trips for everyone in this mansion. 

        I looked up at the building, as storm clouds began to roll in. I felt Kyoya place his hand in mine," We should go. The police need our statement, and then we can go to the hotel." I nodded, turning away from the mansion, one final tear slipping from my eye.