Performing For You

Luna's Pov

        I watched as people came into the club room, alot going to the Host's, but many also coming to the seats by the stage. I decided I would help Haruhi serve everyone, and walked down to help him. "Hey, would you mind if I helped?" He smiled at me," Not at all. But, will you be okay with your hands?" I looked at them and shrugged," Maybe, I could just ask people if they'd like it, and then have you come over?" He nodded," Sure, sounds like a plan." I smiled," Great, I'm going to start by the stage. I guess you could say, I ma their Host. Gotta keep them pleased," He laughed with me for a second and then I went over to the tables. I had dressed up for this again and I rather liked the dress.

        It was a long emerald colored dress than was slim on the top, shaping me beautifully, and at my waist it fell loosely to my knees. There was a slit up the front to my waist and there were white silk ruffles that fell in it's place. The neckline was round, and fell to just above my chest, and the straps laid on the sides of my shoulders. There was a white ribbon that was around my waist as well, with a white bow with hanging ends that fell to around my calves. My hair had an emerald studded bobby pin on the right side, the side without my bangs, to push my short loose hair back from my face. I wore neutral colored makeup, just to bring out the green in my eyes, and I accented my cheeks slightly to show off my high cheek bones. Hey, I didn'r normally wear makeup, so it was nice to actually feel pretty every once in a while. I smiled as I spoke with all the people at the table, and more then once found myself laughing with them.

        Eventually though, it was time to for me to perform. I said goodbye to the current group of people, three boys, and went on stage. I fixed the microphone to my height as Tamaki stood up and did his clapping thing again," Okay, everyone! I'm sure many of you have heard, but our dear Luna Rhoades has agreed to put on a performance for you all. I hope you are all ex-" But he was cut off as everyone was already getting up and coming towards the stage. I smiled at the sight, it was very amuzing, but also made me very happy. To know that so many people wanted to hear me sing. I was about to speak when Tom tapped on my shoulder," Luna, there's a problem," he whispered. I turned around," What is it?" I asked, worried. He motioned to the piano," Reiko had to go home. She was jsut sick."I felt my heart rate spike for a second, but then I calmed down," Don't worry. We'll be fine." He seemed just a little worried, but I was fine. I picked up the microphone, and walked over to the piano, where I removed it from the stand and placed it on the one that was on the piano. People were whispering to eachother, but I ignored them as I began to unwrap the bandages from my hand. The lights dimmed then, and only one was on the stage, shining on me. 

        I placed my hands on the piano, and began to play, despite my injuries and I smiled for a half second as the music began to fill the air. And then, I began to sing.

        "~It's a little bit funny, this feeling inside. ~I'm not one of those who can easily hide. ~I don't have much money, but boy if I did. ~ I'd buy a big house where we both could live."

        I glanced over aroudn the crowd, and out over everyone's faces. They were all hushed and peaceful.

        ~ If I was a sculptor, heh... but then again, no. ~ Or a girl who makes potions in a traveling show. ~I know it's not much but it's the best I can do. ~ My gift is my song and this one is for you." 

        I looked out over the host club now, and smiled at them, causing a few to wipe at their eyes, I'll let you figure out who.

        ~ And you can tell everybody this is your song.~ It may be quite simple but now that it's done.~ I hope you don't mind, I hope you don't mind. ~ That I put down in words... ~ How wonderful life is while you're in the world."

        I swayed along as I ran my fingers along the keys, peace flooding through my mind.

        ~ I sat on the roof and kicked off the moss. ~Well a few of the verses, well they've got me quite cross. ~But the sun's been quite kind, while I wrote this song. ~ It's for people like you that, keep it turned on."

        I looked up at the ceiling and closed my eyes, letting the lyrics flow naturally.

        ~So excuse me forgetting, but these things I do. ~You see I've forgotten, if they're green, or they're blue. ~Anyway the thing is, what I really mean. ~ Yours are the sweetest eyes I've ever seen."

        I glanced around across the crows againd but my eyes may have lingered on someone a little longer than the others.

        ~And you can tell everybody that this is your song. ~It may be quite simple, but now that its done. ~I hope you don't mind, I hope you don't mind. ~That I put down in words... ~How wonderful life is, while you're in this world."

        I smiled as I stared down t the keys, joy evident on my face.

        ~I hope you don't mind, I hope you don't mind. ~That I put down in words... ~How wonderful life is, while you're in this world."

        I looked out across everyone, quite a few emotionally moved, and as I finsihed singing, my eyes rested on one individual in particular. And, when he met my gaze, for reasons unknown to me, I blushed and looked down at the keys.

        Everyone began clapping, and I smiled and stood up, taking a bow. moved the microphone back to the front of the stage and spoke," Thank you. But, trust me there's more," I giggled, gaining blushes from quite a few males in the audience. 

        "Okay, um, this next song is a favorite of mine, and I hope you enjoy it as well!" I smiled, and I nodded over to Tom who began playing his guitar, along with another boy, and some people got ready for back up vocals.(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44oQ27-WS3Y   , I'm sorry, but i can only put one link for youtube per chapter. :'( When my cue came, I began to sing: 

All around me are familiar faces
Worn out places
Worn out faces
Bright and early for their daily races
Going nowhere
Going nowhere
Their tears are filling up their glasses
No expression
No expression
Hide my head I wanna drown my sorrow
No tomorrow
No tomorrow
And I find it kind of funny
I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had
I find it hard to tell you
I find it hard to take
When people run in circles it's a very very
Mad world
Mad world
Mad world
Mad world
Children waiting for the day they feel good
Happy birthday
Happy birthday
And to feel the way that every child should
Sit and listen
Sit and listen
Went to school and I was very nervous
No one knew me
No one knew me
Hello teacher tell me what's my lesson
Look right through me
And I find it kind of funny
I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had
I find it hard to tell you
'Cos I find it hard to take
When people run in circles it's a very very
Mad world
Mad world
Mad World
Mad world
And I find it kind of funny
I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had
I find it hard to tell you
'Cos I find it hard to take
When people run in circles it's a very very
Mad world
Mad world
Halargian world
Mad world