Chapter 7

In the meantime, Hermione had closed the book and had her own wand out. She threw a verbal warning at the four men that encircled the bench. They simply sneered at her and decided to get a bit too close for Hermione's comfort. In a second she was on her feet and before they knew what was happening, she had already placed a full-binding curse on two of them. That seemed to have woken up the other two. They looked angry and were just about to throw curses at her when a voice bellowed from behind them.

"STUPEFY!"

The two wizards flew a few feet away from Hermione, landing on the ground with a thud. Hermione whirled around and saw Draco hurrying towards her.

"Mr. Malfoy." She breathed out, completely taken by surprise.

"Are you alright?" he asked breathlessly, his eyes searching her body for any sign of injury.

The shock of seeing him coming to her rescue made Hermione careless about her spells. With a sudden jerk, the two men she had under binding curses were now free and they both threw hexes at Draco. He stumbled forward, feeling a sting along his left arm and back. With a growl he swiped around and petrified one of them, the other being taken out by an angry Hermione.

Seeing how they attacked from behind made her furious. Those were the lowest type of wizards in her opinion.

"You bloody arses, how dare you attack from behind?!" Hermione screeched at the men, almost choking on the words.

Draco gaped at her, completely forgetting about the pain in his arm. He saw her waving her wand, making a silver otter appear. She gave the Patronus a message for Harry and Draco saw the creature nod and disappear.

"This should teach you some manners." Hermione let out a huff. "Oh, dear me. Are you alright?" she gasped, suddenly remembering Draco.

She hurried to him and with a gentle touch raised his arm to study the wound. That snapped Draco out of the daze. He jerked his arm out of her reach, pulling at his ripped sleeve, trying desperately to cover his forearm. He saw Hermione's eyes widen slightly and dread gripped his heart. Had she seen it, his Dark Mark? Even though he knew perfectly well she did not remember him, he was sure she still remembered the Dark Mark and what it meant.

Hermione simply looked at him, her eyes trying to catch his, but he avoided her gaze. Eventually she gave up. With a sigh she picked up her book. It had fallen on the ground during the recent events, and she turned it around her fingers, making sure it was unharmed. After a moment she turned to Draco, deciding to try once more to be nice. He did come to help her, after all.

"That looks painful. Are you sure you don't want me to help you?" Hermione asked in concern. Draco's wound was starting to bleed profusely. He quickly waved his wand, making the bleeding stop.

"When you live with a Healer you have the advantage of receiving emergency treatment very quickly. I'll be fine as soon as I get home." He said trying to sound casual. He held back a wince, as he felt the wound closing up.

Ah, does he mean his girlfriend? Could this be why he acted so cold towards me all this time? Did I make him feel uncomfortable? Hermione rambled internally, starting to feel very stupid. She wanted nothing more than to get back to her place and scream in a pillow.

"We'd better go." Draco said, raising a hand in front of her.

Hermione stared at his stretched hand, thinking hard before slowly reaching for it. When she touched him, she felt a small shiver across her spine. His hand was cold and felt good against her warm fingers. Something stirred inside her mind and she looked up, catching his grey eyes. Then, with a jerk, she felt the pull of Apparition and a moment later her feet landed on the floor where their flats were situated.

"Well, this is me." Draco said, gesturing towards the door of his flat, snapping Hermione out of her thoughts.

"Ah, yes. Thank you for your help, Mr. Malfoy and I apologize for the trouble." Hermione said.

Draco noticed her face looked flushed. He was just about to ask her if she was feeling alright, when the door snapped open and Blaise emerged in the threshold.

"Good, you're back. I need you for something." Blaise said grinning, then froze when he saw Hermione staring at him blankly.

"Zabini?" she said in a low voice. "Blaise Zabini is that you?" she finally said louder.

"The one and only. Nice to see you, Ganger." Blaise replied, giving her a wide smile, while glancing nervously at Draco. He saw Draco tense up, his jaw clenched.

"How come you're here?" Hermione asked baffled, but returned the smile, nonetheless.

"I live here. I'm this poor bloke's roommate." Blaise said gesturing at Draco, who clenched his fists tightly, all the while trying not to show anything on his face.

"What a small world." Hermione said smiling, shaking her head. "How do you two know each other? Do you work together?"

Blaise remained quiet for a moment, giving Draco a chance to intervene, but seeing how he stubbornly remained quiet, he finally replied with a smirk.

"We were colleagues at Hogwarts. Both Slytherins, same year as you, Potter and Wesley."

"Really?" Hermione gasped. "You went to Hogwarts?" she asked, turning to Draco, and looking at him in surprise. "I didn't know. How come I don't remember you?"

"I dare say he wasn't a significant character for you to remember him. Don't worry Granger, I sometimes forget about him too." Blaise smirked at Draco.

Draco's anger and frustration flared instantly. He turned to Blaise and glared at him, sending him a string of profanities through his eyes. Then, he suddenly heard Hermione chuckle and felt like a balloon deflated inside him. His anger subsided slightly, though he was still shooting deadly glares at Blaise.

"Now, if you two have finished reminiscing, I'd like to go inside." Draco grumbled.

"Of course." Hermione said hastily. "Nice to see you again, Zabini. Mr. Malfoy, thank you again." She gave them a small smile and left in a hurry.

As soon as she got to her place, Hermione realized something.

Wait a minute. Then the Healer he was talking about... that was Blaise Zabini? Then it wasn't a girlfriend? Hermione thought, a small blush rising to her cheeks, as she realized how much relief that idea was giving her.

Thank you all for reading this story! I am sorry if this chapter felt too short. I admit I usually have a hard time writing short chapters, therefore I have tried my best to keep it short. This story is planned to have a different feel than my previous one. I want things to flow easier. Hope that makes sense :)) Anyway, I hope you enjoyed and stay tuned for tomorrow's update. I know I've said I will update twice per week but, I decided to go for every day updates for now ^^ Have a wonderful day!