Chapter 41

This is it! The final chapter. But don't worry, there will be an epilogue for this story ^_~ Until then, enjoy!

The day before Draco's departure he received a letter from Harry, calling him to his office at the Ministry for one last talk. From the content, he made it seem like it was something very important and work related, that could not be discussed anywhere else.

Cursing under his breath, Draco went to see what his 'almost friend' wanted to discuss with him. He burst through the office door and started talking as soon as he saw Harry.

"I thought we already talked about everything when you came to the Manor, Potter." Draco said coldly.

"And I see you still have the same charming manners, Malfoy." Harry mocked, motioning for Draco to take a sit.

"I'd rather stand." He said curtly. "Now tell me what this is about." he added annoyedly.

"Robert McKinley's trial has just been concluded. He has been sentenced to life in Azkaban, without the Dementor's kiss. The judge decided the man should pay for his crimes, while still aware of himself. That way, he would feel the full extent of the punishment." Harry finished, looking Draco straight in the eye.

"Yes, Potter, I know that. After all, it is the same punishment my father received." Draco said indifferently. "Now, if there is nothing else, please excuse me. I must go and get ready." Draco started to walk towards the door when Harry's voice stopped him.

"Malfoy, I wanted to talk to you about Hermione as well."

Draco froze, his hand clasping the doorknob so tightly, his knuckles turned white. He turned his head slowly, eyeing Harry with an icy cold stare.

"As far as I remember Potter, we've already discussed that particular topic."

"There is still something else we need to clear out before you leave the country again, Malfoy." Harry said, getting up and going round the desk.

"Oh, is there?" Draco asked, adding another notch of iciness to his voice.

"Yes. You see, you haven't told me an important detail." Harry continued, stopping just a step away from Draco. "Do you love her, Malfoy?" Harry dropped the question and the blonde gripped the doorknob even tighter, before finally releasing it and turning to face Harry.

"What the bloody hell do you want from me, Potter?" Draco said glaring openly at Harry.

"It's a rather simple question, Malfoy. Do you love Hermione, or not?" Harry said, stubbornness in both his voice and eyes.

Draco took a step closer and grabbed Harry by the collar of his robes, raising him slightly from the ground. Harry remained still, not moving an inch to free himself. The two former enemies stared at each other, the tension slowly building up in the room. Then Draco, pushed Harry away from him and let out a curse.

"Yes dammit!" Draco shouted, starting to pace. He pushed both his hands through his hair, feeling his composure slipping away. "If you really want to know, Potter, yes. I love her! I love Hermione so much that no matter how hard I try, I cannot seem to erase her face from my mind. Her touch and smell linger in my brain, driving me crazy day and night."

"Why don't you talk to her then, tell her how you feel? After all this time, surely you could do that." Harry said calmly, a small smile forming on his face.

"Don't be stupid Potter!" Draco said savagely. "She would never listen to me. Not now, not after everything that happened."

"Oh, I think she heard you quite perfectly. Isn't that right, Hermione?" Harry said, his face breaking out into a grin.