Chapter 14

Hey all! This chapter is a Dramione one, so I hope you enjoy their moment ;)

"Bloody stupid ferret! The nerve the git has!" Harry was cursing a few hours later.

He was eating dinner with Ginny and had just told her about the conversation he had with Malfoy earlier that day.

"Oh, don't be so hard on him, Harry." Ginny said calmly. "I know we never liked him all that much and that he used to be a stupid prat, but what if he deserves a second chance?"

"After what he did to Hermione how can you say that, Ginny?" Harry said despairingly.

"He was trying to help. In his own strange way he helped all of you back then, didn't he?" Ginny said with an intense stare and Harry knew what she was referring to. He sighed in defeat.

"I just don't want to see her getting hurt."

"She's strong enough to handle herself, Harry." Ginny smiled reassuringly, gently placing a hand over her husband's. "It's been hard on all of us when she got hurt, but she's fine now. She's stronger than you think." She let out a chuckle. "Don't know what to say about Malfoy, though. Poor bloke."

Harry stared at his wife in confusion, not knowing what exactly she was talking about. Seeing his look, Ginny told him what had happened the night she stayed at Hermione's place.

"You should have seen him, Harry. Oh, the look on his face was priceless." Ginny giggled hard.

Harry had to admit that he found the situation slightly hilarious, though imagining Draco Malfoy being flustered or overprotective was a bit impossible to him.

***

Hermione was just wrapping up in the kitchen when she heard a knock on the door.

"Yes?" she said, opening the door with a wave of her wand. "Mr. Malfoy, you're just on time. Please come in." She said with a bright smile at the sight of Draco waiting in front of her flat.

"Thank you. I thought I'd knock this time around." Draco joked, taking a step inside. "And I brought wine. I heard this goes well with pasta." He said, raising a bottle of red wine.

"Indeed it does." She approved with a nod. "Please take a sit. It will only be one moment."

Draco sat on the couch, feeling slightly awkward and out of place. Hermione smiled to herself then turned around, busing herself with the plates, levitating them on the table. Just as she was finishing, she heard noises from where Draco was sitting.

"Ouch!" Draco yelped. "You bloody beast!" he growled.

Crookshanks had jumped on his lap and was pawing at his hands, evidently unhappy about something.

"Crookshanks. Please behave!" Hermione admonished the cat. "I'm sorry." She looked at Draco apologetically. "That is his seat and he's very stubborn and possessive. I can't make him stay anywhere else."

"Hm, I see." Draco said quietly, eyeing the cat suspiciously. He somehow had a feeling it was more to it than that, but as he didn't have a way of proving, he just had to accept that reason.

He moved slightly from that spot and Crookshanks leaped into it as soon as it was free. He curled up into a ball and sighed satisfied. Then, gazed without blinking at Draco, his yellow eyes never once leaving Draco's face.

That proves it I guess. Cats are pretty possessive about what's theirs. I kind of relate to that. Draco mused silently, reaching his hand and slowly rubbing Crookshanks's back. That made the cat purr, closing his eyes in contentment.