20

KaLani
A Week Later

"What was your relation with Taevion King?" The attorney asked me.

"He was my boyfriend" I said.

"And what you're relation with Cortlen Henry?"

"Ex Boyfriend"

Cortlen was burning a hole in the side of my face.

"Did the two have beef?"

"No they did not"

"Why was Cortlen Henry aiming at you and Mr King?"

"Your asking me like I know. Do I look like Jerry Springer to you??" I asked him. "Ask Cortlen yourself, Cortlen why did u kill my boyfriend huh??"

"Well...." judge said.

"My apologies" I said.

I looked at Cortlen and winked. Ima kill that bitch if he ever get out.

"Do you have anything to say to Cortlen?" Judge asked me.

"Can I touch him??" I asked.

"No"

"Damn" I said. "Well I just wanna say, I hope you drop the soap. I hope u feel the pain I felt these past 8 months. I lost my baby and love of my life all because u wanted to be selfish and childish, I hate you and i hope u become somebody's bitch in jail"

I laughed as his facial expression changed.

"Oop" I heard my family members say.

"Cortlen Henry, u will be charged with the Murder of 18 Year Old, Taevion King and the Unborn child. 20 years for each so 40 years and 10 years each for the other men u played a part in helping ur little buddy kill" judge said. "60 Years in Prison on Rikers Island".

"DAMNNN" whole court said.

I chuckled as I got off the stand and sat back down.
_____________________________

I put my ear piece in and they hooked the microphone up on the back of my hands.

"We wanna bring out, Kalani Caldwell" the lady said and I walked out as everybody clapped.

"Hello everyone" I said.

"Heyyyy" they yelled out.

"Kalani is here to tell us her story, on gun violence" The speaker said.

"I want to thank y'all for inviting me to tell my story. We really need to stop this gun violence" I said.

They all clapped.

They got me talking at schools everyday this damn week and it's exhausting. This my damn 5th school. I hold my tears but shit the other day the shit came out.

"Hello I'm Kalani, most of you all already know me and some of you guys don't. I've recently lost the love of my life to gun violence. I had Ambitious, Life Goals, All of that with this man and he just got taken out of my life. It hurt so bad like I cry almost every night. People didn't know that I was also pregnant, I wore big clothes to hide it and my belly actually wasn't as big for me to be 7 months so it was a crazy but amazing pregnancy. I was too afraid to tell my parents because I was 17 and what the hell ima do with a baby when I'm a baby still but I planned on leaving once my baby arrived and me and my boyfriend where going to get our own apartment but sadly it was cut shortly. After the big Championship, we were on the way home and stopped at a red light, he told me he loved me and 3 mins after that shots went off and I blacked out. Woke up in the hospital, my stomach was patched up" I said and a tear fell down. "Excuse me".