•7•

"So what does Christmas in a mob look like?" I question.
"Well, we typically go home to our families Christmas Day but that's it." Haz says.
"Hmm.. were gunna have to change that." I say and he laughs.
"How so?" He asks.
"Well decorations, obviously. And we don't have vaulted ceilings for nothing so a ten foot tree is mandatory. Christmas Eve has to have white elephant and a Christmas movie." I say.
"Not too sure the guys would be down for it" he says.
"Well they better be down for it real quick cause it's happening. You guys need some happiness in your life." I groan, slipping on my shoes.
"Yeah we'll see about that. Have a good day at school" he kisses me.
"Bye"
I walk out of the room, down the hall and grab my coat.
"Hey hold on" Tom says, quickly jogging down the hallway to me.
"Yeah?" I ask, turning to him. I'm trying not to still be upset over yesterday. He doesn't realize how sensitive I am, he's use to being about people that are exactly like him. It's a learning curve, he will learn. So for now I need to cut him some slack.
"I'm sorry for yesterday, I shouldn't have acted that way with you. I was just so scared that I had lost you." He says.
"It's okay Tom" I smile, hugging my brother. He hugs me back tightly.
"But next time please at least send me a text that you're leaving." He says.
"I will" I nod. "The last thing I want is to worry anyone"
"Good. I'll see you later." He smiles and I leave the house, headed to school.
I'm really glad Tom apologized, it shows him and I will be fine, we both know when to apologize and when we are in the wrong.
I walk into my first class, noticing the guy I saw yesterday. Something about him just puts me off. Could just be me being judgmental. I think he's creepy looking cause he's wearing all black and he's quiet, in fact I don't think he's ever talked to anybody.
"Hey" Kyle, Bens friend says, sitting next to me.
"Hi." I say plainly. I have no problem being friendly to him, it's only a problem if he tries to talk to me for ben, or pull some dumb shit.
Class goes by quickly, and although Kyle sat next to me in class, he didn't drive me crazy. Which I'm super thankful for. Why did he come sit next to me though..
god Aria you don't have to overthink every little thing.
As I walk off to my next class, I take note of the man in the black jacket walking behind me. Why is he always near me?
I decide to try something. I walk out of the building, and start walking towards the library. This man follows me out, and I know for a fact he has that class, so why isn't he going to it? He's always in it with me. If he's suppose to be there right now, why is he following me?
I walk into the library quickly, turning down an isle of books. He's not behind me now, I lost him.
I make my way deeper into the library, barely anyone's in here.. which is perfect if something happens..
I reach into my bag, pulling out the small pistol. Haz makes me carry it for emergency's, and I never really thought I'd need it. Not until now.
I hold the gun tightly between my hands, just like I was taught. I turn a corner, rounding around to the other side of the book shelf. My body presses back against it, looking down the isle and waiting.
I flip around instantly, hearing foot steps behind me and holding my gun up.
"Holy shit!" Ben gasps, backing up.
"Oh my god" I say, quickly lowering my gun.
"What the fuck Aria, why do you have a gun?" He asks.
"I- it's nothing I just-" I struggle to find the words to explain.
"Aria." I hear.
I turn to see the man in the black jacket, and i raise my gun at him.
"Why have you been following me? Are you one of Barrett's men?" I ask.
"Listen to me. Put the gun down.." he says calmly. "Tom hired me."
My eyes widen, can I trust him?
"I'm not putting this gun down until I know you're not lying" I say.
I notice Ben standing at my side, a look of shock and fear in his eyes. God I have to explain this later..
"Tom hired me to be your security after what went down with Barrett." He says. "Here, I'm just going to grab my phone."
He slowly moves one hand down to his pocket, pulling out his phone.
"Here" he hands it to me. "Call Tom."
I scroll through the contacts, finding the one labeled Tom Holland. I press the call button, putting it on speaker.
"Hello?" Tom says into the phone.
I nod, knowing that's my brothers voice and hang up.
I stuff my gun into my backpack and Ben looks at me, completely confused and paranoid.
"Don't be alarmed. Aria is dating an FBI worker and their job and personal life has gotten a bit mixed up. I am here to make sure she stays safe." The man lies very well to Ben, I almost believe the story.
"Woah seriously? The guy who dropped you off yesterday?" Ben asks.
"Yeah" I nod. "I really need to go to class but, please don't tell anyone." I say.
"You actually by law can't tell anyone. If you do you will be sent to prison." He says.
"Yeah.. course. No worries." Ben nods. "Uh.. stay safe Aria."
"Thanks" I say, and he walks away.
I turn to the man, giving him a small smile.
"Sorry I put a gun in your face" I say awkwardly.
"I'm rather impressed. Mr. Holland said you can't protect yourself. I'd say you did very well." He says. "I am Adam."
"Nice to meet you.. now could you please tell me why my brother has you following me?" I ask as nicely as I can as we walk to my next class.
"Just to keep you safe. No real threats at the moment." He responds.
Ugh.. course. I should have known there was no way I'd get to have a normal life at school. Why would I?

A/n: so I wrote a CEO!Tom book and it's basically finished. My issue is it's like.. highkey smut, and I have no clue how old you guys are. I don't want to post it if all my readers are 16 cause that's weird. Idk. Just talking. We'll see if it gets posted🤷🏼‍♀️