•21•

"Please be safe.." I say to my boyfriend as he shoves his gun into the back of his pants.
"I'll be fine sweetheart. I will come back for you tonight. I promise." He says, kissing my forehead.
He turns to Daniel, handing him a gun.
"You guys should be fine here.. but just in case something happens, I need you to do everything in your power to keep her safe." Haz says.
"Yes sir." Daniel nods.
"Don't let her leave the house, don't go out the front door, only the back. Also check the cameras every hour, just to be safe." Haz says.
"Cmon Haz, were fine." I say.
"I just don't want you to get hurt" he says.
"I'll be fine." I smile. "I'll see you tonight."
"See you tonight. I love you." He mumbles, hugging me goodbye.
Haz leaves and Daniel instantly relaxes.
"You know he's literally a teddy bear right?" I laugh, seeing how Daniel is so scared and uptight around him.
"Maybe to you. In trainings the other day he said if we kill each other while fighting then oh well." He says and I roll my eyes.
"Obviously joking!" I say.
"I don't know.." he shakes his head.
I love seeing how scared all the guys are of Haz. To them HES this big tough underboss that can put a bullet through their head in a second. To me? He's just a sweet guy with a big heart.
We watch some TV, play some games, I finally convince Daniel to make cookies with me, which I know he had a blast with even though he won't admit it, and now we're sitting in the backyard.
"Do you think there's an end to this life?" He asks.
"Like.. death?" I say.
"No" he laughs. "An end to the mob life."
"There's not an end, but there are ways to make it worth living." I say. "For me, it's Tom, and Haz."
"I don't think I'll ever find a reason" he sighs.
"Not true. You'll meet a nice girl" I say.
"I uhm.." he trails off. He fumbles with the phone in his hands nervously, and I give him a concerned look.
"What's wrong?" I ask.
"It's just.." he takes a deep breath. "I don't like girls."
I give him a small smile, grabbing his hand in mine.
"Have you told anyone this before?" I ask. He quickly responds by shaking his head no. Poor kid. I can't imagine having to keep that secret for 18 years.
"It's okay, you know. You don't have to hide it" I encourage.
"The guys will rip me apart." He shakes his head.
"No they won't." I assure him. "They may be killers but they're not assholes"
He laughs, making me smile. That's it. I'm taking him in, he's mine now.
"Or it can be our little secret" I say.
"For now" he nods.
"Just know you can talk to me. About anything and everything, okay?" I say.
"Okay." He smiles. "Thanks Aria."
_____
"It's been too long.." I sigh, looking at the clock. It's eleven pm, and Haz said he'd be back to me by ten.
"You know they always take longer than they expect." Daniel says. "They're always an hour or two late."
"What if something bad happened.." I say.
"Aria nothing bad happened, they're fine. He's going to be here soon." He says.
Just as I'm about to argue the front door opens, and Haz walks through. I instantly jump up and run over to him.
"Oh my god, I thought something happened" I breath out, hugging him.
"Agh ow" he groans and I remove my arms from his body.
"Haz?" I question, looking down to his side.
"Oh my god.."
there's blood soaking the side of his shirt. I look up at him, his eyes glazed over and his face sweaty.
"I said I'd come back for you" he mutters, stumbling.
"Haz" I cry, holding him up. "Call an ambulance!"
"Baby, it's okay.. you're going to be okay.." i pull him over to the couch, laying him down. Daniel talks frantically on the phone, giving our address.
Where the fuck is Tom. Why did he let Haz leave like this?
I take off my jacket, holding it over his wound to slow the bleeding.
"They're on their way" Daniel says.
"Call Tom." I say.
He gets on the phone again and I push Haz's hair out of his face.
"Just stay awake a little longer yeah? They're coming to help you." I say.
"I love you.. and our baby" he says barely able to talk above a whisper.
"Haz you're going to be fine." I assure him. I can't think that he's going to die, I can't.
I hear sirens getting closer, and the flashing lights shine through the window.
"Stay awake. Please" I plead as his eyes start to droop.
Daniel opens the front door, EMT's entering the house.
"Please help him" I beg, tears in my eyes as they walk over.
"We need you to step away ma'am, we can take it from here" the man says.
"He'll bleed out!" I cry, not moving my hands from Haz's body. His blood staining my skin.
"What's your name?" A woman asks.
"Aria" I choke out, now seeing Haz's eyes have closed.
"Aria I can hold that down, okay? Can you let me do that?" She asks.
I nod slowly, letting her hands replace mine. I step back, seeing the situation and loosing my breath quickly.
"Let's get him on the stretcher" the man says.
They lift his body and put him on the stretcher, Daniels hand on my shoulder, attempting to comfort me. Nothing can comfort me right now.
"Okay let's get him in" the woman says. I follow them out, and they start putting him in the ambulance.
"Try to get ahold of Tom!" I call to Daniel, before stepping into the ambulance.

A/N: I would just like to apologize for putting you all through this