•27•

We shopped for decorations all day. House decorations, tree decorations, the whole deal. Christmas at the mob house will be amazing this year and I'm forcing all of them to participate.
We walk through the lot of Christmas trees, and I carefully analyze each one, criticizing it. I need the perfect tree.
"Ari we've passed five great ones what exactly are you looking for?" He asks.
"I don't want great. I want perfect." I state.
"No ten foot tree is going to be perfect." He shakes his head at me as I analyze the next one. "Maybe we should go smaller-"
"No! I finally have high ceilings!" I groan.
My eyes land on an eleven foot tree, the branches spaces perfectly, and has no gaps.
"That's the one!" I squeal.
"Alright" Haz says, waving over the tree guys.
"We'll take this one please." Haz says to them.
They take it down, and carry it to the end of the lot to get it ready for us.
"Am I really about to spend two hundred dollars on a tree?" He asks.
"Shut up you're a millionaire" I roll my eyes.
"Someone's pregnancy hormones are kicking in" he comments with a light laugh and I hit his arm.
"Don't be a dick."
We get the tree strapped to the top of the car, and head home.
"Might as well just cut one of these down and brought it inside" he jokes, pointing to the trees surrounding our house.
"They're not Christmas trees." I say.
"Anything's a Christmas tree if you put lights on it"
I call out Ezra and Jacob to carry in the tree as I bring the bags upon bags of decorations in.
_____
Christmas music plays on my speakers, most of the decorations are up, and I'm finishing up the tree. I got Haz into it for about ten minuets before he quit because apparently I'm too 'demanding' and 'controlling' when it comes to decorating.
Yeah well Haz you can't put two of the same decorations right next to each other. Everyone knows that.
"Whaaaat the fuck is going on in here?"
I turn around to see Tom standing wide eyed at the living room entrance.
"It's Christmas!" I smile, hopping off the step ladder I'm using to decorate the tree.
"Did you have to make it so.. much?" He asks.
"Tom this is my first Christmas in years. Let it happen." I say.
"Why do you always have to pull the no family card?" He laughs.
"Cause it always works!" I chime.
I step back, appreciating the beautiful tree I decorated. It's such a warm feeling, having Christmas. I miss when I was little, my mum would let me pick a new color theme every single year, but one thing stayed the same. We had a little white angel that would sit at the top, that angel never changed. I wish I still had that angel..
Tom grabs a candy cane out of the box and starts to eat it.
"Hah! See! You like Christmas!" I exclaim.
"No but I do like candy." He shrugs.
"Aria, I know you're practically Santa's head elf but no one here likes Christmas" Haz laughs.
"Oh come on guys! It's all about eating good food, and being with your closest friends and family! You get presents!" I say.
"Yeah that you'll buy with my credit card" Tom laughs.
"That's beside the point! Just enjoy this please!" I groan.
"Ooo Christmas!" Daniel chimes as he walks into the room. "Tree looks great Aria!"
I smile widely at him.
"And this is why Daniel is my favorite. At least someone appreciates my efforts." I say.
Daniel and I go to the kitchen to make hot chocolate, leaving the loser boys in the living room. They suck.
I grab the pot, pouring milk and chocolate chips in, and put it over the heat.
"So.. about what I told you the other day.." he starts.
"Mhmm?" I hum.
"I was thinking of telling my parents.. when I go home for Christmas." He says.
I smile widely at him, stirring the ingredients together.
"That's great, Daniel!" I say.
"I'm just really nervous. What if they hate me?" He mutters. I feel my heart break for him.. how could anyone ever hate him? He's so precious.
"Daniel I promise no matter what happens, I'll be right here for you when it's over. We're friends." I say and he smiles.
"Thanks Aria." He says.
The evening comes to a slow end, and we all sit outside around the fire. Ezra strums his guitar and I rest back into Harrison's arms.
"This is nice." I say to him quietly. He responds with a kiss to my forehead, resting his chin on the top of my head. His hand glides over my stomach absentmindedly, drawing shapes before resting his palm flat. I can't help but daydream about what it will be like when we have this baby in our arms. Our perfect little family.
"I should go to bed.. I have school in the morning." I mutter, looking up to meet Haz's blue eyes.
"I'll come with you" he says.
We stand up and everyone mutters a few goodnight's as we walk inside.
"Haz?" I say, changing into some shorts and a baggy T-shirt.
"Hmm?" He hums.
I crawl into bed next to him, my face only inches from his.
"Will we move out before the baby is born?" I ask.
"Well.." he starts, pulling me closer to lay my head on his chest. "That'd be the best.. don't wanna raise a kid around here do you?"
"No" I say quickly.
"Tell you what" he says. "I want you to make a list. Write down everything you want, your dream house. I will do my best to make it a reality, even if we have to build it from the ground up."
I lift my head to look at him.
"You serious?" I ask.
He smiles at me widely.
"Nothings too good for my girl."