•23•

"How'd it go?" I ask.
"Surgery went longer than we expected, there were slight complications, but he is out now and resting" she says.
"So he's okay?" I ask.
"He's okay" she smiles.
"Thank you so much" I cry, squeezing Toms hand in joy. Relief washes over my body, knowing that Haz will be home soon enough makes me feel a happiness I didn't realize I was capable of feeling.
"You can come back and see him soon. I'll come let you know soon." She says, turning to go back.
"Oh my god.. he's okay" I breath out, hugging my brother.
After falling asleep another hour or so, Mya comes out and Tom wakes me up. The twins left a bit ago after hearing that Haz was okay.
"Hey, she said we can go see him." Tom says.
That sentence alone is enough to wake me right up.
"Okay lets go" I say, eagerly standing up.
We follow Mya back through the doors, and down the hallway. Normally hospitals make me sad, but all I can think about is seeing my boyfriend.
"He's going to be a little groggy soon, still on painkillers" she informs us.
We get to a door and she opens it, letting us walk in.
I see my boy, laying in the hospital bed with an IV in his arm, and his stomach bandaged.
"Hazzy" I breath out, quickly walking over to his bedside.
"Hi baby, I'm okay. It's okay" he says softly as I grasp his hand, leaning down to kiss his lips as gently as I can.
"You scared me so bad.." I shake my head.
"Can't get rid of me that easily, my love." he smiles softly.
He squeezes my hand, his blue eyes search mine.
"You haven't slept" he says.
"Haz. You got shot." I state. I swear this boy is absolutely ridiculous.
"Yeah alright" he nods, a slight laugh escaping his lips. I love that laugh.
"Mate I swear to god I'm going to kick your ass for going in there alone." Tom says from his spot across the room.
"Looking forward to it" Haz nods sarcastically.
His eyes start to droop slightly and I run my hand over his forehead, pushing his hair from his face.
"Looks like the drugs are hittin" he comments, leaning his face into my hand.
"We'll let you sleep" I say, kissing his cheek.
"Wait" he says as I start to turn to walk away.
I wait for a moment, and he puts his hand on my belly.
"Gotta say bye to the baby" he mutters, about to pass out.
"The what?!" Tom exclaims and my eyes widen.
Fuck!
"Shh" I shush Tom, giving Harrison's hand one last squeeze, watching him fall asleep before walking over and pulling Tom out of the room.
"Tell me right now that you're not pregnant" he demands as we step into the hallway.
"Tom.." I sigh and he shakes his head at me.
"Is it Harrison's?" He asks and my mouth drops.
"Yes it's Harrison's you dumb fucker!" I slap his chest, turning to walk away from him but he grabs my arm, turning me back to face him.
"Why would you do that? Why would you put yourself in this position?!" He asks.
"Having a baby with my boyfriend? Try to have a normal fucking family?! Oh no how awful!" I say sarcastically.
"You didn't have to lie to me." He says and I scoff.
"Obviously I did because look at how you're acting." I say, turning and walking away.
I can't believe with everything happening right now, that he's going to get mad at me for this? My boyfriend, his best friend is literally in a hospital and almost died, and he's mad I'm pregnant?
I step outside, breathing in the fresh air. I'm exhausted.. and starving. I can't just leave Haz though. I stand in the dark parking lot, only illuminated by street lights here and there. The cold December air chills my body, or maybe it's the sadness from my brothers reaction.
"Come on" a car pulls up to me.
I lift my head, seeing Sam in the drivers seat.
"Tom said to take you back to our place, let you get some rest and I'll bring you back as soon as Haz wakes up" he says.
I get in the car, knowing Haz will be out for a few hours and I need to sleep as well.
"I'm not doing it because Tom said to." I mutter as he drives off.
"Mhmm, I know" he nods, not wanting in on the drama he knows is happening. He obviously has no clue why Tom and I got in a fight, all he knows is we did.
_____
I wake up to the sound of my phone ringing. I grab it and answer without seeing who it is.
"Hello?" I say.
"Hey baby"
A smile grows on my face as I roll onto my side, holding the phone tightly.
"Sorry I'm not there, fell asleep." I say.
"Oh no did I wake you up?" He asks.
"I don't care" I say. "I'm going to get ready and come down there"
"No need to come down, they're going to drug me up again soon. You and the baby need rest." He says.
I figure now isn't the best time to tell him he accidentally told Tom.. he doesn't need that stress right now.
"You sure? I just need to get dressed." I say.
"It's fine, they said I'll be discharged tomorrow night." He says.
"I don't like you being there alone" I sigh.
"I'm not, Toms around here somewhere" he says. "Just wanted to call and tell you I love you before this next dose hits"
I smile, wishing I could hug him right now.
"I love you too." I say.
"I'm feeling the drugs kick in so I'm gunna get off here.. goodnight pretty girl"
"Goodnight Hazzy."
As I hang up the phone, I see I have a text.
Ben: hey, you haven't been at school lately, is everything okay?
Ever since my school security told ben I'm dating an FBI agent, he constantly thinks my life is upside down.. which it is but that's beside the point. He needs to stop asking questions.
Aria: everything's fine. Thanks for asking.
I lock my phone, and close my eyes, getting some much needed rest.

A/N: our boy is okay!!! Believe me if I write a death scene for a leading character it's going to be a lot more than a gunshot wound🤪