•25•

I make it to my class just in time, walking into class and taking a seat next to Ben. Not that I want to sit next to him, but he can catch me up on what I missed.
"Dude where have you been?" He asks.
"Busy" I shrug.
"Are you not allowed to talk about it cause it's fbi stuff?" He asks and I nod.
"So what did I miss?"
He catches me up, giving me all his notes. I internally punch myself, realizing that missing all those classes is going to bite me in the ass.
"Mrs. Keenan, nice of you to join us" my professor says as she passes me.
Class starts and I take extra notes, trying to get caught up. It's nice knowing that I'm safe now, being able to go to school without security or a body guard. I will never have to be scared of jack Barrett or his men ever again.
___
I walk into the house, mounds of homework dragging me down. I put my jacket on the coat rack and head down the hallway. My stomach twists when I hear Tom talking inside his office, I fucking hate him right now. Passing right by his office, the living room is packed with everyone and I see Haz sitting in there with them. I'm so glad he's feeling better.
"C'mere Ari" Haz calls me.
"Can't. Homework." I groan, holding up my laptop.
"Who knew Haz could land a college chick, aren't you suppose to be too smart to date idiots like him?" One of the guys say and I roll my eyes.
"Fuck off mate" Haz says.
"M'gunna go do my work" I excuse myself and head to our bedroom to get to work. Opening my laptop, and stuffing snacks into my mouth as I desperately try to make up all the assignments. It's like I completely checked out of school for a while.
There's a knock on the door, and it opens.
I look up, audibly groaning when I see who it is.
"Go away Tom." I say.
"Aria.. I'm really sorry" he says.
"You think I sleep around? You think I'm a whore just because I was a stripper?" I ask angrily. "You know why I had to do that Tom! I was trying to survive!"
"Im sorry! I was just having a hard time! And finding out you are pregnant was a surprise!" He tries to justify his actions.
"The father of my child came to me, dying, and you're saying you were having a hard time?!" I yell. "I'm fucking pregnant, my boyfriends been shot, and you think it's okay to treat me the way you did?!"
"No.. I don't.." he runs his hands over his face, aggravated. He's so use to people just taking his shit and dealing with it. "I just never expected this."
"Expected what?" I ask.
"My little sister to be with someone who does what he does." He shrugs, walking in more and sitting on the edge of my bed.
"It's not like you don't do it too. What's the problem?" I ask.
"It's scary enough that something could happen to me and I won't be here for you and the baby.. but if something happens to both of us? You're alone... I just wish you were with someone who I know would be there to take care of you if something happens to me.."
and the truth comes out.. Tom can get so angry and say such hurtful things, but there's always something deeper going on. Every single time. I get it..I'm the same way.
"Tom nothing is going to happen to you.. you're too stubborn for that" I laugh lightly. "And yeah.. I could be with someone normal, but Haz came to me on his literal death bed just to keep his promise that he'd come back for me that night. I don't want normal anymore. I want him."
"No one loves you like he does." Tom mutters, realizing that Haz and I are meant to be together. We're soulmates. How many things had to happen for us to be brought together? A lot. Painful things. Moments in my life that shaped me as a person and flipped my whole world upside down. I've been to hell and back with this boy. Stalkers, attacks, loosing my mum, almost loosing him...
"We're going to have a baby.. and he's going to love it so much, and so are you. This baby is your family."
He just gives me a small smile, and a nod. I got through, I broke down Toms wall and got to the real him that he rarely shows.
"So you're six weeks?" He asks.
"Seven now" I say.
He sits silently for a moment, taking in the whole conversation.
"So like... you're going to be a whole ass mom" he laughs.
Ah yes, there's the Tom I know and love.
"Yeah. A whole ass mom." I giggle.
"Anyone else know?" He asks.
"Petra, and I'm sure she told Ezra, she's quite the blabber mouth." I shrug.
"I can't believe she got to know before me" he pouts and I roll my eyes.
"Well if you weren't a crazy mother fucker I would have told you sooner" I say and his mouth drops.
"Ouch, scuse' me for being protective over my little sister."
Haz walks into the room, clearly struggling a bit. Toms quick to stand up and help him over to the bed.
"Shit, why does surgery make you practically crippled?" He sighs.
"Give it a couple days. Doctor said the first few days would be the hardest." I say, petting his hair.
"Yeah but I'm me." He says and I roll my eyes.
"Well maybe next time don't be a dickhead and actually wait for the rest of us" Tom says.
"Mate you have to admit, I did pretty fucking well." Haz brags.
"Yeah and you almost died so no more showing off." I scold.
"Hmm, looks like she can handle you." Tom laughs. "I've got work to do.. happy for you guys."
He leaves the room and Haz smiles at me.
"You guys fixed it" he states.
"Yep. Now you need to stop pushing yourself and relax a bit."
He lays across the bed, his head in my lap. His blue eyes stare up at me and I intertwine our fingers together. I'm content.

A/N: before this book gets popular, send me your name, age, and Snapchat. Let's be friends! :)