•32•

"Pass me the tape please" I say to Tom.
He grabs the tape off the end table next to him, throwing it down to the floor.
"Thank you."
I finish taping up Haz's Christmas present, popping a blue bow on top.
"He's going to love it, thanks to me" He says.
"Don't tell him you helped me pick it out" I laugh.
"Fine, but I'm pretty sure he'll know." He shrugs.
"Oh my god!" I scream, jumping up and onto the couch.
"Woah what?!" Tom asks.
"A spider! Kill it!" I yell.
"What?! Where?!" He jumps, pulling his feet onto the couch.
"Down there! Go kill it!" I groan.
"Kill it?! Are you crazy!" He yells at me.
"You can kill humans and not spiders?!" I ask.
"Humans dont carry deadly diseases!" He says and my brows knit together.
"Are you fucking stupid?" I ask.
"Now's not the time for a health lesson Aria!" He says.
"Soo.. what's going on in here?"
We turn towards the entry way to see Haz.
"There's a spider" I whine, pointing to where it's crawling.
He laughs at us, walking over to it.
"So you're telling me, both Holland's are scaredy cats?" He asks, picking up the spider with his bare hands, making me gag.
"Just get the fuckin thing out of here" Tom says.
Haz opens the sliding glass door, setting the spider on the plant outside.
"Thank god" Tom mutters under his breath, sitting back down.
"Guess I'm your knight in shining armor" Haz says cheekily as he walks near me.
"Fuck no. Burn your hands and then we'll talk." I say.
"Are you serious?" He asks.
"Deadly." I nod.
"You guys are ridiculous" he shakes his head. "Oo, my name, so this is for me?"
He reaches down to the box and I run over, slapping his hand away.
"No touching." I say, safely setting the present underneath the tree, with everyone else's presents.
"You're the sweetest person alive" Haz says when he sees all the presents, everyone's name written in a different color and each one wrapped differently.
"Yeah I know" I grin cockily.
I make Haz and Tom watch a Christmas movie with me, and even though they're drinking far too much, at least they're watching it with me.
"This isn't a Christmas movie." Haz says.
"The nightmare before Christmas is both a Christmas, and Halloween movie." I say.
"No it's fucking not, he's a skeleton Ari!" He says to me.
"Just watch the movie" I laugh.
Daniel walks in, setting a few presents under the tree.
"Aw you got presents?" I ask.
"Just for you and Petra" he says.
"What about me mate?" Tom asks drunkenly and I roll my eyes.
"No cause you didn't buy anyone presents." I say to him.
"That's not true I got you a present." He says.
"Then where is it?" I ask.
"You don't get it till Christmas at Mum's" he says.
"Well then you guys don't get your presents till then either!" I say.
Haz downs several shots and my eyes widen, why is he drinking so much?
"Hazzy don't you think you should slow down?" I ask.
"Nah, gotta get my partying out now before the baby comes" he says. "Life's not gonna be fun once we're parents"
I frown, how could he say that? Does he really think our life will suck once our baby is born? Is that how he really feels? I know Haz says dumb shit when he's drunk but cmon. That was messed up.
"Daniel you wanna go on a walk or something?" I ask.
"Yeah sure" he nods, knowing I'm upset with Haz.
"Be safe love bug" Haz calls. Normally his drunken nicknames are cute, but he's an ass right now.
I grab my coat, and we walk out into the dark cool air, our phone flashlights on to light our way.
"That was harsh right? I'm not overreacting?" I ask.
"Honestly.. I think you're under reacting" he mutters.
We walk along the trail through the trees, and I feel a little anxious being out here at night. A bear or something could kill us.
"Are you nervous for Christmas?" I ask, changing the subject.
"Yeah.. I just hope they'll accept me" he sighs.
"They'd be crazy not to." I say.
"Do you ever feel like you don't fit in with everyone in the house? Like it's all of them and you're just kind of there, playing along?" He asks me as we sit on a long log, taking a break from our walk.
"All the damn time" I say.
"You know Bradley?" He asks me.
"I don't think so" I say, thinking of faces and trying to match them to their names.
"Short, curly hair, always wears all black?" He lists.
"Sad boy brad?" I ask and he laughs loudly.
"Seriously? That's what you call him?" He asks.
"I can't remember everyone's real names so I give them fun ones" I laugh.
Once we stop laughing, he gives me a small smile.
"I think he's cute." He says.
"Is he gay?" I ask.
"Don't know.. could be. He's the only one here that hasn't openly talked about fucking you so-"
"Scuse me?" I ask and his brows scrunch together.
"Oh yeah, all the guys say sleezy things about you, I figured you knew" he says.
"Well they better hope Haz doesn't catch them or he will do terrible things to them in the basement."
I stand up, pulling him up off the log.
"Well I hope he is gay, you two would be cute" I smile.
We take our time walking back to the house, seeing almost all the lights are out, and everyone is asleep.
"Night Daniel" I say as I walk down to mine and Haz's room. I go inside, seeing he's dead asleep. I mentally groan at him, climbing into the bed and going to sleep.