•20•

"What are we going to do?" Haz asks Tom, at a loss for ideas.
Tom shakes his head, angry at the situation. I almost died, and he would have blamed himself.
"They're spreading out their attacks, and we should have realized the warehouse is a distraction" he says.
"He said he wanted to get back at you, by killing me. They just want me" I say.
"We need to raid." Tom states simply.
"Mate the new guys aren't ready for that yet" Haz says.
"Well they're gunna have to be" he says.
"They may be low on men, but they have great security" Ezra chimes in.
"Then we'll start at their strip club. We'll take at least half of them out there. Then it'll be easier" Tom strategizes. "Get the guns ready. We're going tomorrow."
"Yes sir" Ezra nods, heading off.
"And you. You're going to the safe house." Tom says.
"Tom I've already missed so much school from being sick this past week-" he cuts me off.
"I don't want to hear it. You almost died. You're going to the safe house and I want Daniel to go with you, just to be safe." Tom says.
"Come on-"
"Aria please just do what your told." Haz pleads.
I get it.. they want me safe.
The only reason I'm going to do this is for my baby. I want to keep my baby safe.
"Fine" I agree.
"Thank you.." Haz breaths out, pulling me under his arm.
"Go get packed. Haz will stay there with you tonight, but I'll need him tomorrow. He'll switch out with Daniel." Tom says.
"Tom Daniel deserves to go with you. He's worked so hard." I encourage, seeing Daniel being praised for saving me by all the guys across the hallway.
"Aria, Daniel is doing a much higher service protecting you than coming with us. I don't want anyone else from the new group with you." Tom says.
"Alright.." I agree, knowing it'll get nowhere.
"Come on, lets go pack some stuff" Haz pulls me down the hallway, and downstairs to our room.
"I shouldn't have left you.." Haz says, feeling guilty.
"Haz.. is it always going to be like this?" I ask.
"Not after we kill those fuckers." He says.
I finish packing up my bag with everything I'll need, and we head out.
I see the body being dragged away, and Daniel watches from the corner.
"I'll be right out" I say to Haz, handing him my bag.
"Okay" he nods, heading out to get the car.
"Are you okay?" I ask, walking up to Daniel.
He looks at me and shrugs slightly.
"I've never killed anyone before.. well until now." He says.
"I know it's scary..but you saved my life." I smile. "Take some credit. You deserve it."
"It was effortless" he says, shameful about how easily he shot the man in the head.
"It'll feel better soon. I promise." I say.
"Ill see you tomorrow" he says.
"See you tomorrow kid" I say, turning and heading out the door.
___
"This is not how I imagined a safe house" I laugh as we pull into a suburban neighborhood. The white picket fence house bringing me happiness as it looks like the house my parents and I use to live in when I was little.
"What did you imagine?" Haz asks.
"I don't know.. a cabin, a bunker?" I say. "Something less.. normal."
"Well why don't we bask in the normalcy for a night" he smiles.
We walk inside, the house looking as normal on the inside as on the outside. I love this, so much. This is the life I want with Haz.
"C'mere" he says as he plops onto the couch, holding his arms out to me.
I lay down on top of him, resting my head into his chest.
"Do you think we'll ever get to live in a normal house like this?" I ask.
"When we have a family, of course." He says.
"So.. you want a family?" I ask, lifting my head to look into his eyes.
"Yes.. as long as you do." He says. "I'd love to have a baby with you. We could move into a nice family home, I'd leave to work and come home to you every evening. Our families could come visit and spend Christmas at our house."
I smile at the picture he's painting. That sounds like my dream life.. him and I, our baby... it's everything I hoped for.
Sometimes I forget the conversation Haz and I had our first drunken night together. How he explained that he didn't want this, that this life wasn't him. He chose this for Tom, For his family, and now I'm making the same choice.
"Hazzy, I gotta tell you something" I say.
"Hmm?" He hums, all of his attention focused on me. I take a deep breath, knowing now is the time to tell him.
"I'm pregnant."
He sits up, my body coming up with his. His face in unreadable, and makes me nervous.
"You're pregnant?!" He asks in shock.
"Yes. Six weeks." I answer.
"Oh my god..." he breaths out. "I've got a little bean in there?"
His hand runs over my stomach and I laugh, my nerves melting away
"Yes. You do." I smile.
"I can't believe we're having a baby" he says, kissing me. I smile into the kiss, pulling away and pressing my forehead to his.
"So you're happy?" I ask.
"I am beyond happy. I have never been happier." He assures me. "I will give you two the best life.. I promise."
That sentence eased every worry in my head. He's happy. He's content.
We lay on the couch, his fingers tracing shapes onto my stomach. The beat of his heart thumps in my ear as my head rests on his chest. This is what I hope our future is like. This to me, is heaven.

A/N: wanted to give you guys a soft chapter tonight, here ya go💚