•40•

6 months later•

"What's going on?" Haz asks as he walks into the room.
"We're seeing how many Cheerios we can stack on her stomach" Daniel says, carefully placing the tenth cheerio. Haz looks at us weirdly, shaking his head.
"The house is getting its last finishing touches done, we can see it tonight." He says.
"Wow that's great!" I say, placing the eleventh cheerio.
"You seem more excited about the Cheerios." He says.
"We're about to beat our record!" Daniel says.
"Alright well have fun with that darling" Haz laughs, headed back to work as we put the twelfth cheerio on, cheering that we beat our record.
"Well what now?" Daniel sighs.
"Ooo I know what could be fun" I say, pushing the Cheerios aside.
I sit up, poring a little bit of water on the couch cushion below me and moving my butt over it.
"You aren't" Daniel laughs.
"Tom! Tom get in here!" I call.
Tom makes his way in quickly, concern in his eyes at my tone.
"What's wrong?" He asks.
"My water broke" I say, standing up to expose the puddle of water I poured on the couch.
"What! Holy fuck! You're having a fucking baby!" He panics, wide eyed and screechy. Daniel and I burst out laughing and Toms face falls from panic, to confusion.
"I'm so sorry" I laugh.
"You dick head! Don't do that!" He exclaims.
"Dude I'm not due for three more weeks." I say.
"And I'm suppose to know that?!" He says in a pitchy voice.
"You're dumb" I shake my head. "Are you going with us all to see the house tonight?"
"Yeah.. I'll have my meeting earlier so I can come." He nods, still calming down from the mini panic attack he just had.
"Good, cause we're telling you all the name" I say and he smiles.
"It better be Tom!" He says.
"It definitely won't be!" I laugh.
__________
We get in the car, driving down to our new house. Haz taps his fingers on my knee as he drives, letting out a sigh.
"What's wrong?" I ask.
"I think you're making a mistake." He states.
I roll my eyes, we've had this conversation a million times now.
"I just think you'll regret not walking at your college graduation." He says.
"Walking has no value to me. I'd much rather be with you." I say.
"But it's your graduation! Don't you want to put on a cap and gown and head everyone cheering you on?" He asks.
"No.." I sigh. "Please just drop it"
He stays silent, pulling up to our new house. Everyone's cars start pulling up behind us and we all get out.
I'm so excited for my friends to see the house, this is where we'll be having Christmas, birthday parties, Easter, this is our family home.
"This is so cute!" Petra says, looking around.
"I know right?! I have the best boyfriend ever." I smile.
Haz unlocks the front door, opening it to let everyone inside. The furniture we got the other day is gorgeous in here. The colors match perfectly to each other and it's very homey feeling compared to Tom's. We already have photos framed and placed around the house, Tom getting excited when he sees he made the cut.
"When was this?" He asks me, looking at the photo of us.
"Thanksgiving" I smile. "Look at this one."
I point to the photo collage up above the fireplace, holding every photo of our friends and family from Christmas. It's my favorite one, I love every single person in these photos.
"Mate you got a hot tub?" Ezra asks as he looks out the sliding glass door. "Sick! Hot tub sex!"
Haz high-fives Ezra and I roll my eyes. He's not wrong.. but still. Boys are sick.
"Remind me to never use the hot tub" Tom says. My poor brother, I almost feel bad for him that his little sister is dating a literal man whore.
"Well god is no one else dying to know the baby's name?" Daniel asks.
"That's what I was thinking." I laugh.
"I'm not dying to know because it's not going to be Tom and I'm hurt" Tom jokes.
We all sit around the living room, ready to reveal the name. I'm so excited to tell everyone because this name means the world to me for a very special reason.
"Okay, you guys ready?" I ask.
A series of 'yes' and 'just spit it out' comes from their mouths and we laugh.
"Okay.. the baby's name is" Haz says, patting his legs to create a drum roll.
"Noah Thomas Osterfield"
Toms eyes widen, a smile growing on his face.
"No way!" He says, standing up and hugging me tightly. "Are you serious?"
"If it weren't for you, Haz and I wouldn't be together, and we wouldn't be having this baby. I wanted to name him after someone who means a lot to me.. and no one has a more special place in my heart than you do." I say.
He holds me in a hug, and Ezra laughs.
"You crying mate?" He asks.
"What? No! Of course not you dick." Tom shakes his head, a little bit of 'sweat' around his eyes and I laugh, wiping it away with my sleeve.
"That is such a cute name" Petra comments.
"Your a underboss girlfriend who's naming her kid after a bible character" Daniel laughs and I scoff.
"You're a mob member named after a bible character!" I laugh.
"Yeah true." He says.
Everyone wanders the house, seeing the rest of it and Daniel and I go sit outside on the porch swing.
"I have a problem." I say.
"What's your problem?" He asks.
"Haz keeps telling me to walk at my graduation." I start. "He won't let it go. I keep telling him I don't want to."
Daniel sighs, sitting back.
"Well.. why don't you want to walk? Don't you think you'll regret it?"
"My high school graduation was the worst experience of my life. I didn't have any friends, and of course no one came because I didn't have any family. I was all alone." I explain.
He looks at me, a slight sadness in his eyes.
"Aria.. you're not alone anymore." He shakes his head. "Even if you lost every single person in that house, you will always have me. Always."
what did I do to deserve a friend like Daniel? This kid came in here so scared and quiet, and quickly became my best friend. I love him so much.
"Thanks Daniel."

A/N: does anyone else just fucking love Daniel cause I do🥺🥺 what do y'all think of the name? Let me know :)