Water girl

"let's get to the gym"! Coach ukai's loud voice echoed through the cafeteria. I was slightly asleep. But woke up quickly at the noise. Oikawa was still running his fingers through my hair. I sat up a bit confused. And the memories of Kageyama rushed back into my head. I felt so stressed. Maybe I shouldn't have come.

The feet shuffling and the groans of having to practice made me realize it was time to leave.
I sat up and oikawa greeted me with a smile.
His team had already began walking. He sat here with me. Oikawa didn't rush me to get up.

I looked into his eyes and returned a small smile. "thank you for- letting me lay on you". My words were hesitant to leave my mouth. "it's no problem. After all you did call me babe". The sweet smile on his face turned into a grin. My face lit up red. I had forgotten I had done that. "shut up dumbass". I pushed him away and stood up. "let's just go". He nodded his head and stood up as well.

Reaching the gym I could see how much space there was. It was a big building. And the teams really filled the area. A gym any smaller probably couldn't accommodate this many players. I felt a hand touch my shoulder. "I've gotta warm up my team don't cheat on me" oikawa said. Before I could hit him like I wanted to he jogged away.

I stood near the entrance as more players came through. I was a bit nervous to even be here. But it's not like anyone would have their eye on me during a practice match. Which was calming.

"Hey bell"! A loud scream broke my trance. I looked to my far right past the bleachers to see the shiratorizawa team coming from a different entrance. The voice belonged to satori.
Great I have to be all awkward around ushjima now. I rolled my eyes.

As I got closer and closer to the team my stomach got tighter and my heart raced faster. Why was I so nervous? Maybe it's because deep down I know even if me and ushjima aren't really dating. I can tell he probably likes me and I'm letting oikawa and Kageyama get to me. I felt kind of bad. Kind of ashamed. "hey" I said facing satori... Ushjima standing by his side looking at me indifferently.

I braced up and took a breath. "hey there" I let out. Looking at ushjima with a half smile on my face. "hey" he said returning the half smile but quickly letting it fall. I took my finger and poked his stomach. He looked a bit taken aback. "I think you guys will win every game you play" I bit my lip and looked down. "thanks we'll win because you believe in us" ushjima said poking my stomach back with his finger. Now I was the one who looked a bit shocked.

"I'm gonna barf" satori said walking away. That dumbass. "what are you gonna do while you wait" ushjima asked me bringing my attention to him. And how close he was standing to me. "probably just watch and wait until I can cheer for you" I blushed and giggled. Why was I being so bubbly?!

I couldn't help it. This stoic boy only showed ME feelings. And it made me feel so special... And wanted for once. "you're gonna cheer"? Ushjima made a quick grin and I saw him lick his lips. "well I mean- unless you don't want me t-" he grabbed my hand. "no it's fine I do want you to I'd love to hear you cheer for me" he kept my hand in his and when he finished speaking gently let it go.

My blush widened at his voice and his touch.
"I gotta get warming up tendou needs me to toss for him" ushjima poked my stomach again. Was that our thing or something now? "Ok I'll be waiting to cheer" I giggled. He made one last look at me and then went to help satori.

What the hell is my life? I made my way over to coach ukai letting my brain finally have a rest from stressing out. I wanted to ask the coach about whatever he needed me to do. Because he was the one who brought me with karasuno. I can't burden him with my presence.

"Hey coach um- do you need me to do anything"? "Well let's see- hm well go sit on those bleachers over there by the water bottles. Here's your job. When the team that's on break comes to sit with you. You fill their colored bottles. They will tell you which color is theirs just assist in handing them out. And um well- you can get to know the players and converse while they have a break". He looked down at a clipboard and I assumed he was busy and that's all he had time to say. "yes sir"

I promptly walked over to the bleachers. I wonder which team will be sitting out first? I hope it's not karasuno. Stupid kageya- tobio.. NO what am I saying!! He's not even here. STUPID KAGEYAMA.
and God awful four eyes.

To my surprise i didn't get bad luck for once. The team that would be on the bench were wearing red and black jerseys. They had a cat eyed boy that kept drawing my eyes to him. And their captain looked scary. A bed Head guy who kept laughing like a maniac. I think his name was kuraa? Kaio? "Kuroo nice to meet you". While I was lost in the thought. The captain stood before me holding out his hand. Oh so kuroo was his name. I shook his hand and his firm grip nearly made me shed a tear. "nice to meet you I'm bel-" wow that name really grew on me. It was like my instinct to respond to bell now. "what's your name"? Kuroo asked at my sudden loss of words. "I'm um- I'm just the water girl". I blushed at how much of an idiot I was.

"Ok water girl our bottles are red and black". He said and went to go sit down. Wow kind of a jerk. I grabbed the bottles and filled them. As I was handing them out down the line my next stop was the cat boy. "here you-" he looked up at me and I almost dropped the bottle. "go" I quivered. His gaze was too much to handle. He smiled. Which made my heart melt. "thank you" he said. Then he raised an eyebrow. "is something wrong"? He asked. I jumped back. "no I'm sorry i- no". I continued down the line red In the face. He was so damn adorable I couldn't help stare. He looked like a little kid to me. I wanted to run my fingers through his hair and give him a hug. But staring at him probably made him uncomfortable.

When I reached the end of the line I came to the captain. Oh great kuroo again. "thanks" he smiled taking the bottle. "I see you've taken an interest to my friend Kenna". Kenma? Oh that must be the boys name. Aw his name is even cute. "well i- I just think he's adorable" I smirk. "adorable? That doesn't sound like you like him". Kuroo chuckled. "no no I'm sorry I stared I just wanted to give him a hug for some reason" I rambled. Why was I telling him?

Kuroo grinned and side eyed me. "you're kinda cute water girl" my little laugh stopped and blush that had just began fading came back in an instant. "wh- what no i- I'm gonna sit down". I averted my gaze and sat at the opposite end of the bench. The bench was just big enough for me to fit with the players. I sat by a boy I didn't know on the team and let my heart calm down. Kuroo didn't mean it. I could tell he probably messed with alot of girls.