see you in the covers

Ushijima looked so cool out there playing. And now I knew it was okay to cheer for him. But for some reason I still had a pit in my stomach. Butterflies.

At that moment in his game. Ushijima spiked the ball so hard on date techs blockers. It went right through their defenses. It was amazing. I knew this was as good a time as any to cheer if I was going to.
I took a deep breath and made sure to scream down the court loud enough for him to hear me clearly.
"GOOO USHJIMA WOOOOO NICE SPIKE"! Most of the players turned to look at me. Even some of the karasuno and Aoba Johsai boys who were on the other side of the court.

The butterflies in my stomach seemed to fly around even harder. What the hell was I thinking? He probably didn't really want me to cheer. I'm such an IDIOT.

Ushjima smiled and waved. Then proceeded to scream back as countless players stared at our interaction in awe. "Thank you. It's because I'm playing to win for you". A red streak broke across my face. Did ushjima just say that in front of the whole gym? I was nervous and embarrassed but I couldn't help feeling a little good about those words. "I won for you". That sure would keep me up at night.

I turned to look down at karasunos team. Which by the way we're losing horribly to oikawa and his monster serves. Well if those words didn't keep me up at night... kageyama sure would.

"What the, are you kidding me". I looked at the blonde hair terushima ran his fingers through to get it out his face. He leaned on his knees. "You wanted to cheer for ushjima this whole time". He rolled his eyes. "Yes. And it's not your business" I crossed my arms. "Why would you cheer for a guy like that"?

His words cut into my chest. I know me and ushjima had some close moments between us but it's not like he ever shared feelings with me. Why did I cheer for him? But it couldn't be denied. Ushjima called me his girl in the hallway. And his kisses weren't without feeling. He spoke a million words with the way he touched me. With the things he did when we were alone. "I cheered for him because I like him". I tried to be blunt and give off my best Janae attitude.

"You are part of that dumbass fan club aren't you"? Terushima smirked. "AM NOT!, you don't know anything about me and ushijima. We are more than what we give off". Terushima cupped his chin. "Is that so?, interesting". Oh shit.

I think I've said too much. What was I thinking. I shouldn't tell people things like this. Ushjima might get mad at me. But terushima is being an asshole. And I'm sure he wouldn't go around spreading stuff.
"I gotta watch the rest of the game". I turned away frowning. "Sure watch your boyfriend". Terushima whispered with a grin on his face.

If my eyes got stuck because I kept rolling them at him I wouldn't be surprised. The games went on as normal. Several rotations later, shiratorizawa came to sit on my bench. Ushjima approached me with a wide smile on his face. Wow I've never seen him smile so big. Let alone smile much at all. His team mates even looked shocked.

After situating the team with their bottles I took a seat between satori on my left and ushjima on my right. "you cheered for me". Ushjima still had that grin across his face. "well of course. I mean I told you I would". I kept thinking about oikawa and I felt guilty.

"Yeah but I thought you might be too embarrassed". My blush showed him that I was in fact a little embarrassed by screaming in front of the whole gym. "well I'm glad you boosted my confidence". I smiled. Ushjima leaned into my ear casually. "but I think that's enough cheering. I don't want anyone to hear you scream my name except me". He pulled away.
My eyes widened and I scrunched my shorts.

The flashbacks. The night we... "Ushjima i-". I looked into his eyes. He was serious. WHY DID HE HAVE TO BE SO CUTE. I am such a softie for boys who just take control. Maybe thats why, I'm such an easy target to these boys here. Maybe... Oikawa used me to get a kiss. Maybe he knew I would show weakness for him. I became a bit dizzy.

"Are you gonna scream for me"? Ushjima whispered between his hands. My heart skipped a beat. His team mates were all paying attention to the game ahead of them. So ushjima and I were in the clear.
"Uh- i- wha-". I didn't even know how to respond. I was never good at dirty talking. It felt so awkward to me.

"What do you mean"? I finally managed to speak up.
"I want to hear you beg for me to make you feel good" my heart skipped another beat. At this rate I was gonna have a heart attack. I tried to go with the flow he was giving me. "ye- yeah I would like that". I sound like A 5 year old who can't even speak properly.

"You know. Our coaches don't dorm with us. No one ever said you couldn't sleep in the shiratorizawa room". That was the third skip. I was genuinely concerned for my state of health right now. Should I be worried about this? Do I have a heart condition? Ushjima casually slid my hand into his. Again.. we were still in the clear.

"It would be better than sleeping next to Kageyama that's for sure". Ushjimas grip tightened on my hand. "did he do something to you". His voice was low and deep. I think I need to go to the bathroom.
"No he uh-". Crap I almost gave myself away. "no he just is a rough sleeper. He's always taking the blanket". What was I even saying? Oh well let's see if he buys it. Ushjima loosened his grip a little. "oh well- if you come sleep with me I'll keep your body nice and warm. You can even lay on top of me". He bit his bottom lip. My eyes must have been wide open. And my face must have been bright red with the way ushjima was talking to me.

"I'll um- definitely come sleep with you tonight". I cleared my throat. "what are you guys talking about" satori raised an eyebrow at us. Oh crap he's here. Wow. "nothing. Watch the game. We need to evaluate everyone's weaknesses". Ushjima spoke up for the two of us. Good thing he was here to save the day.

We went back to watching the game. But ushjimas words stayed in my mind. And so did the thought of sleeping next to him once again.