Dilema

"woah don't get so defensive" the captain said. I rolled my eyes. "if you need me just say water girl". He smiled and eyed his team mates. They all nodded their heads at him. What was he up to?
As I passed out water bottles I started from the end of the bench I didn't even want to hand that captain a bottle. Maybe I'll drop it at his feet.

I laughed inside. No way, I can't be rude to the players. That will be the end of hanging out with the volleyball team. When I reached the captain at the head of the bench him and his team mate separated. Leaving a space in between them. "Why don't you sit down" he grinned. I noticed the other team members still smiling and some of them had their hands over their face. "what are you gonna do to me"? I was nervous. And I knew I should keep my guard up.
This team was known for being wild.

"I'm not gonna do anything". The captain looked me up and down. This guy.. was something else.
"Ok whatever". I sat down with caution. The bench felt kind of weird. Several of his team mates bursted into laughter. My face lit up red. What did I do? I realized why the bench felt weird. He had his hand underneath me. I got up quickly. "what are you doing you pervert". I scrunched my face.

What was even going on right now? "It's fiiine just sit down I won't do it again". The captain rolled his eyes at me. This time I was careful to watch the seat as I sat down. He stared holes into the side of my head. So I turned to look at him. "why are you looking at me"? He was starting to irritate me.
He stuck his toungue out and seeing the toungue piercing made him look more attractive.

I decided to try and clear some air by having a normal conversation. "I see you have a toungue piercing". He laughed. "thanks for telling me". I scrunched my face once again. "you don't have to be rude. I just like the piercing". He grinned. "do you think I look hot with it"? Now his team mates looked over at us again. It seemed the captain was scooting closer and closer to me. And his right arm was settled on the other side of me holding himself on the bench.

"I think it suits you" I wanted to sound professional. As he sat so close it reminded me of what me and oikawa did in the back room. My heart shrunk as realization hit me like a brick. Me and oikawa... Kissed. "so you like it"? The boy bit his bottom lip casually. Time seemed frozen as I was in a state Of shock thinking about oikawa. His hair in my face. His lips against mine. I nodded at the captain. "yeah".

When my eyes adjusted and my thoughts became clear I realized me and the captains faces we're almost touching. I whipped back up quickly. What the hell was I doing? He smiled. "almost got you". I blinked at him. The only thing that was running through my mind was the kiss. "I have to watch the game". I stated blankly.

"Talk to me some moreeee". The captain whined. He poked my side. I jolted at the tingling feeling. OH YEAH. Ushjima popped into my head. The poke in my stomach came back. I'm supposed to cheer for him. He's expecting it. Shit... Now oikawa is gonna see me cheering for ushjima. But I have to. I told ushjima I would, and he wants me to. So I'll do it.

My mind was a mess and I could care less about what this team thought of me. So I decided to try and get some sense out of this captain. "what's your name"? I asked him. He tilted his head back and stared at me. "terushima". He smiled. "well terushima what do you think I should do"? I questioned. He looked confused. I realized he couldn't read my mind. I decided to just be straight forward since it didn't matter to him anyway.

"I told someone I would cheer for them when they played. But there's another player who might feel bad if I do. So what do you think"? I was zoned out even talking to him. "well uh-" this was the most normal sound that came out his mouth. He was genuinely at a loss for words. His tone became more mature. "well I dont know" he intertwined his fingers. "I think if you told someone you would cheer for them you should. Because if they're expecting it and don't hear it. They might feel bad. And for the other guy he should know you can cheer for who you want". I looked at him starry eyed. That actually made sense.

He sounded like a real man with common sense and I was grateful. He cleared my head about what I should do. I hugged his waist and his arms lifted up. A confused face fell on him. And his team mates were a mix of cheers and also confused faces. I didn't pay much mind to hugging him. I couldn't help it I was grateful. I realeased him. "thank you". He tried to speak but couldn't. I turned back to watch the games like nothing had happened. But I could feel his gaze on me again.