True nature

When it was time for breakfast I said my goodbyes to kenma and kuroo and decided to try and find ushjima.

I saw nishinoya standing up by the karasuno table so I asked where ushjima was. He said he hadn't seen him and that the shiratorizawa team might still be in the gym.

I sat down at their table not wanting to wander around. "Where's your boyfriend"? Tsukishima glared at me. Clearly showing his disinterest in my presence.

"Where's your boyfriend"? I asked. Then I pointed a finger at yamaguchi. "Oh never mind I found him". Tsukishima furrowed his brow and the table laughed at my joke.

Really- where was ushjima? I decided I would go check the gym after all.

~when I neared the gym entrance I heard talking coming from down the hall.

It sounded like ushjima... it was definitely him.
"Stay away from her". I heard his deep voice threaten. There was a pause.

"Well you tell her to stay the hell away from my mom"! Wait what- that voice... that was oikawa for sure. Wait... where they talking about me?

"She didn't realize it was your mom". Ushjima responded. My eyes flashed open. His mom? My breath hitched. The- the lady from the bathroom?

No, no she had a different last name. I would have realized if she said- "I'm serious. My mom was on the phone with me about how excited she was to meet this random girl again. And show me off, and when she said her name was y/n I wanted to throw up". Oikawa sounded angry.

"Don't talk about her like that". Ushjima stood up for me. "Get over yourself ushibaka". "You want to know something oikawa? You cannot defeat me on the court, or when it comes to having a relationship". Ushjima growled.

Wow- ushjima could be a bit harsh huh?
I heard oikawa stiffle a laugh. "Your girlfriend is a two timing slut who tried to suck me off after a game a couple days ago". My stomach dropped.

I mean my stomach really dropped. I felt faint all of a sudden and like I would collapse in a few moments. S- suck him off?

Did he really just say that? It's taking me all my strength not to run around this corner crying and screaming at him.

My ears perked up at the sound of a punch hitting oikawas stomach. Making him let out a cry and a few pained squeals.

Ushjima had punched him, and quite literally knocked the air out of his lungs. Something I wished to happen in that moment.

"I won't believe what you say- y/n loves me and your jealousy won't cloud my judgement". Ushjima said.
My eyes had tears in them. Should I stop them?

Is ushjima going to get in trouble for hitting oikawa?
Oikawa started yelling louder. I could hear his shaky voice and I could picture that he had started to cry with the way he sounded. "You think you're so cool! Mr all powerful stoic ushjima. But you're a dream crusher. You are an awful friend for what you did to me, you think I'm going to forget how you helped me with volleyball... and told me I could make it. And encouraged me for all those years, and then suddenly decided I wasn't good enough and I shouldn't have ever tried to compete with you"!

I heard him take a breath and then continue. " I WANTED ONE THING,... one thing! To myself... I wanted to take something from you like you did to me. I wanted y/n to abandon you in the mud while I rubbed it in your face".

Ushjima landed another punch onto oikawa. Sending his back into the wall and his body onto the floor. This time oikawa began crying louder.

It was embarrassing to hear a man cry like that... it was a soul tearing cry of real pain. Not just physically but emotionally.

Ushjima- has no remorse for his argument. "I still don't believe you will ever amount to anything oikawa- you are not good enough.. and that is just a fact- you will never find what you are looking for because there will always be someone better than you- you are mediocre". Ushjima spoke his words stone cold.

It made my heart ache. To hear oikawa cry while ushjima broke his dreams. I know he was defending me but... it was a bit far.

And it made me think- the ushjima I know and the public ushjima are two different people. Would- would he- the tears still filled my eyes. Would he ever talk to me that way?

Would he ever insult me during an argument?
It didn't seem like it but- how could he be so brutal.
I felt nauseous.

I heard slow paced footsteps coming towards me.
I picked myself up and ran back down the hallway as fast as my legs would move. I let the tears fall down my cheeks not wanting to waste time wiping them away.

I didn't want ushjima to know I had heard him. I didn't want him to know I may have feared him a little.

I ran into the cafeteria. With blurred vision and a racing heart. I saw nishinoya's cheerful face focus on me and drop. I noticed the boys around my area all looking at me with concern.

I started gagging, I was going to throw up.
My head was spinning and the room kept getting hotter. "Ar- union- okay- bersuyhj- y/n!!" I couldn't hear properly. It was like nishinoya spoke another language.

That was the last thing I remembered before my eyes were consumed in darkness and I felt my body fall to the ground.

Oaktree- ok so wheeeew, um CHILE. this chapter was a bit dark oh gosh. Yeah I'm, not crying. But.. wow. So don't have doubts. Everything will be happy peachy come the end but for now feel free to feel despair ✨🌸❤️ um, this is I can't even -just bye.