Make up your mind

The games continued and soon the last team I would have on my bench was aoba johsai. I tensed up at the thought that oikawa would probably annoy me like always.

When the team sat down I passed out bottles. I tried to take a seat by oikawa who was at the end of the bench. He put his hand out to stop me. "I'd rather sit by myself thanks". He sounded irritated and he didn't even look me in the eyes. My heart dropped.
I felt completely rejected. "okay then". He didn't give me a nod or anything. So I turned to walk down to the opposite end of the bench.

Did he just brush me off? My stomach was tight and my face was burning. This feeling felt... Awful. I knew he was probably using me to get what he wanted. And now he wanted to toss me aside like some random girl. I furrowed my head into my knees on the bench.

I don't know why. I should be happy that oikawa wouldn't bother me anymore. I didn't like the feeling that I was sneaking around with him. But... That didn't mean we weren't at least friends. What happened?

When all the games had been played the boys were all exhausted and panting. But for some reason the karasuno boys were dancing and screaming about a meat party. I could swear they all did drugs.

Ushjima walked over to me. I turned to look at the bench for a split second. Oikawa had already walked off. I sighed and turned back to ushjima. "hey I heard there's gonna be a barbeque". Ushjima said.
"Who told you that"? I questioned. "nishinoya".
I rolled my eyes. Is that what they were all excited about over there?

"Do you wanna eat with me and tendou"? Ushjima attempted a smile. He still wasn't good at showing emotion in public. I thought about my options. Or - my lack of options to be more specific. The sinking feeling in my heart. What did I do to oikawa?
"Yeah sure I'd love to. But I'd rather change out of this hoodie. I'm gonna go to the karasuno room and put on a t-shirt". I'm so glad I wouldn't have to deal with Kageyama again.

"You're still coming to the shiratorizawa room right"? Ushjima lifted his eyebrows. My face reddened. And my legs locked up. "um- yeah I am". I tried to sound more eager but I just sounded depressed. "ok. I'll walk you up and then we can go to the cafeteria together". I nodded my head at him.

We walked passed several boys. Until I saw a familiar face. It was the cat eyed boy and he was with the captain. That kuroo guy who was flirting earlier.
"Hey guys one second. Kenma come on she's right here". Kuroo and kenma walked over and stopped in front of me and ushjima. I could see ushjima glaring at kuroo and kenma looked down at the floor.

"Hey there water girl". Kuroo grinned at me. "what do you want"? Ushjima answered for me.
Oh crap kuroo is so flirty and wild and ushjima is so protective. This might not end so well. "chill out ushjiwaka". Kuroo growled. "I just wanted to introduce kenma to water girl here". Me and kenma met eyes and then both averted our gazes.

Ushjima looked at me and then back at kuroo. "hey" kenma said barely loud enough for me to hear. "hey" I said back at the same volume. "water girl thinks kenma is adorable". Kuroo interrupted. Kenma blushed. And I wished I never said that.
"What"? Ushjima asked. Sounding almost offended at what kuroo said. I tried to defend myself.

"I just said kenma looked adorable to me. Like I wanted to be his friend". Ushjima didn't respond. But instead stared at kuroo. "sorry kenma I didn't mean to make you feel weird." I spoke up for myself.

"No it's alright. We can try to be friends I guess but I don't like to talk about dumb stuff". Kenma was adorable I must admit. "seeeee that's so sweet". Kuroo patted kenma on the back.
It seemed as if me and kenma were children first meeting eachother while our parents evaluated one another.

"Ok well id love to chat but me and kenma gotta get to eating. I heard it's barbeque". Kuroo grabbed kenmas wrist and the two of them left without another word.

Ushjima turned to me. "I don't like kenma". I said. I knew it was straight forward. But I wanted to clear any suspicious ideas he might have had. "it's whatever. You can have friends you know". Ushjima said in his usual stoic manner. But in a not so stoic tone he added. "but stay away from kuroo. He's trouble for you". I nodded an okay. And we headed up to the room.

When we reached the room ushjima said he would wait outside while I grabbed my shirt. I walked into the room to find nishinoya and Tanaka changing their shirts as well. "hey bell"! Nishinoya ran at me. I dodged his attack and he went flying into a bed. "hey noya". I chuckled.

"Why are you here"? Nishinoya questioned. "oh ushjima walked me here to get an extra shirt before going to eat." Nishinoyas expression changed. "hey about that". He sounded serious for once.

"What was up with you and Kageyama at breakfast"?
I took a deep breath. I felt embarrassed to talk about it. But me and nishinoya had nothing to hide now. At this point he knew everything about me and ushjima and it's not like I didn't trust him. "what about Tanaka"? Nishinoya threw a shoe at Tanaka he found on the ground. "we have to talk, I'll meet you down there". Tanaka rolled his eyes. "finnne but I'm not saving you the good stuff". Tanaka left with that.

"Ok so tell me". Nishinoya was wide eyed. I told him everything. All my shameful encounters. I told him about how Kageyama used me. I told him about how oikawa kissed me. I even told him about how ushjima told me to stay away from kuroo. Nishinoya was silent. And his face was pale.

"Listen... I know it's alot being around so many guys especially me because I'm so irresistible-". I pinched his arm. He cleared throat. "fine. Look I know it seems like alot to take in with so many guys coming after you. But who is waiting for you outside the door for you to get a shirt when he could be eating delicious barbeque"? I lowered my eyes. I knew nishinoya was right.

Ushjima was the only one who showed He cared for me.
Well... I thought oikawa was until he up and ignored me. "you're right". I shook my head.

Ushjimas POV:
God she's taking a long time. I hope there's not some creep in there with her. I pushed my ear to the door. "so do you like ushjima"? I heard a voice ask. That was no doubt the voice of nishinoya. What the hell were they talking about? He asked if she liked me.
Maybe I shouldn't invade her private conversation. But... I can't help it. I held my ear to the door longer.

"Well yeah of course I do he's so.. he's so kind and I like that he shows emotion to me. It makes me feel speacial. And I'm glad hes waiting for me". That was definitely y/n talking. She sounded so adorable chuckling.
Then my heart picked up pace. She said she liked me.

I heard the floor creak and I could hear footsteps approaching the door. I backed away quickly and my back hit the wall. Ouch.

REGULAR POV:
When I came out the room ushjima had his back to the walk across the hallway. What the hell? He looked tense. "hey"? I asked.
He rubbed the back of his head and smiled a rare wide smile. "let's go get you changed". When we began walking down the corridor towards the bathroom. He- grabbed my hand. His hand was warm and I didn't hesitate.

Nishinoya was right. I think ushjima was good for me.