Suspect

THE COVER PICTURE! Jsisksjsjd.

The nurse came over and told us both we were clear to leave and go back to the matches. "oh shoot".
I said. Oikawa raised a brow. "what's wrong"? He asked.

"I wonder who they chose to be the water girl since I couldn't be there". Oikawa smiled.
"What if she's flirting with ushjima as we speak"?

I rolled my eyes. "Shut up". We both walked out the nurse's office and oikawa seemed a little pumped to be getting back out there.

As we walked down the hallway I took brief glances at oikawa occasionally locking eyes with him.
"Are you actually bothered by what I said"? Oikawa asked me.

I looked down not wanting to admit that I was a little nervous. " Kinda I guess".
Oikawa laughed. "I'm just joking, take it easy".
I was a little relieved to hear that.

When we reached the gym my anxiety grew.
What if the water girl is super hot or something.

Me and oikawa said our goodbyes and goodlucks at the door as we parted. And I looked over at the bench.

Where was the water girl? Maybe they didn't replace me after all. I walked over slowly. Checking the bench one last time.

The team that was taking their break was shiratorizowa. I felt an overwhelming feeling of relief to know ushjima wasn't being lured into some pretty bitches trap.

I walked over and caught ushjimas eye. "hey". He said scooting over for me to sit down. But almost as Soon as I had felt relief I began feeling stress.

The sound of his voice brought back those harsh words he spoke. That hatred he possesed.

I sat down trying to focus on my legs. Until he spoke again. "I'm glad nishinoya was there to take you to the nurse's office". He patted my back. "How do you feel"? He asked.

I looked him in the eyes trying to see a glimmer.
Trying to see that glowing warmth he had... But I couldn't.

Did he know? Did he see me running away?
"I feel a little better". I lied.
He Furrowed his brows. "mmm- if you're still feeling ill you should go back to the nurses office".

I thought about maybe taking that offer.
But I had already came to the gym. It was too late.

I shook my head. "no really I'm fine". I said with a smile. I ran my fingers through his hair pushing strands out of his face, he fliched a little when I touched his head.

That made me feel a little better.

When the whistle blew. Ushjima and I stood up and hugged. I embraced him tighter than ever wanting to feel that he was real... He was.

The coach announced that they could take a ten minute break. And the teams all split up to ether use the bathroom or to sit down.

Ushjima told me he was going to the bathroom with satori and I nodded.

Where was oikawa? I spotted him and walked over feeling better about where we stood.
He was around his team mates and most of them went quiet not knowing me and oikawa had made up.

When he saw me he greeted me. "Hey bestie".
Well that was straight forward. Most of his team mates looked shocked and confused.
Probably because the past few days we've made it out that we really hated each other.

I waved and gave a slight smile. Oikawa sure did attract alot of attention.

He reached over and grabbed my hand. "don't be shy". Oikawa sure did know how to make people stare.

"Ushjima went to the bathroom". I said. Oikawa smiled. "so you came to find me instead"?
I nodded. My face was a little pink.
With all his team mates staring at me.
And not to mention being able to see people from the karasuno team staring as well.

"We should go find your mom" I said looking around. "you met his mom"! One of the team mates yelled. I was taken aback. "uh.. yeah". I raised a brow.

Why were they so crazy over that? "Hes never let us meet his mom". I looked at oikawa, who himself was turning pink in the face.

Hmm. Probably because he's a momma's boy and doesn't want his team mates making fun of him.

Ushjimas pov:
"So do you think that's why she was acting so weird"? Satori asked me. I really wish he wouldn't talk to me while I was peeing.

"I don't know". I said. I thought I saw her turn the corner just as I did. But.. I think it was definitely her.
Did she hear me yelling at oikawa?

Was she scared of me now? I'll have to work extra hard as her boyfriend now to show her that she's safe with me.

I only told satori about my suspicion because he can keep a secret. But I'm starting to regret it- he asks too many questions.

"I think she heard me yelling at oikawa. And that is why she is being so different". Satori looked at me.
"Nishinoya said that she was dehydrated".

I zipped up my pants. And walked over to the sink.
"Maybe, but I think I had something to do with it". I said as I started washing my hands.

Normal pov: I let go of oikawas hand finally.
It took the life out of me to pry his hand from mine.
"Can we go say hi now"? I asked him with puppy eyes.

He sighed and dropped his head, "fine let's go to my mom". I smiled. And the team watched as we walked away to go find oikawas mother.

I'm pretty sure I heard a few Snickers as soon as we turned around.

Oaktree-- hey guys. I hope this chapter was at least a little entertaining. And filled that oikawa shaped hole in your hearts. Also... So yeah AHHH ushjima is onto us. He's suspecting that he caused the panic attack (which he did) but he doesn't need to know.

What will happen? I don't know. Teehee.
Also I'm gonna start doing a comment of the day about my favorite comments. Today's will be : whoever commented about kuroo being kenmas husband. I love you because- yes. I really wanted to give that vibe. ☠️