7 | mummy's trap

People think I am a naive bandit of emotions which probably I am, but that isn't a matter of concern

What really important is am I complying my role to the fullest or not?

Ever since I took the coach post here at our very own Method sports academy I stopped worrying about how old man father is going to handle the business. That again must be responsibly repulsive of me.

Now all I think is am I doing justice to the young talent who are being trained here for boxing or not.

Many years back my strong decision to not join business and fight in the world of boxing to get glory for my country did prove correct but it came with a loss of many personal things from relationship dynamics to picky eating habits.

Again thinking about the impulsive decision I took eight years back to leave the thing I loved the most never allows me to sleep peacefully even to this day.

Now nobody remembers who I was, anybody doesn't want to know why I was referred as bullet?

When your hardwork is not appreciated you feel dejected and unwanted, that is how I always feel whenever I think about my retired boxing career.

When I was winning names, titles and glory for the country everybody loved me but never has someone tried to know the hardships behind my success.

When standing at the podium recieving a medal with the crowd shouting and rooting my name all they ever saw was the satisfied mischief in my eyes,of winning instead of the sadness of having nobody to share my happiness with.

Back then all that mattered was winning and now I am a nobody in my own world of boxing because people never saw the person behind the mask, a mannequin without it's identity.

So, when I saw our sports academy recruiting members for the boxing team I jumped in because a day without boxing felt incomplete. I didn't wanted to commercialize the future of few young talents for the sake of winning glory.

After what I have endured I just want to make sure that nobody ends up being me. That sounds quite hypocritical, but that's what makes me.

"Where is Shreyas?"
I asked Rahul, one of the trainees who was trying to split up the coding of addition of two alphabets into five parts.

"I don't know boss."
I was pretty sure they knew I didn't like being called that but still they keep me poking with it saying I am always harsh on their practice, especially the out of the ring one.

"Five more programs including strings."
Rahul gave me a pleading eye but he must have known better not to piss me off.

Although deep down I was fine being called Boss rather than the usual lame coach punchline!

"You are such a devil boss."
Rahul managed to say that under his breath but surely my hearing instincts were far more better than normal humans.