35 | epilogue

V H R E A 

"I really know what love is but all I am asking is, for us not to be together. Sharing some quality time, hold hands to comfort each other and just have a sweet meal together is not the way of survival. Eating a bar of ice cream, laughing on random things and for a change just have an unnecessary quarrel, then make up to each other is what useless people do to kill their time instead of working on something productful. This is how I want us to be."

The set of people gave an understanding nod to Gabriel as if he was speaking the most valuable words of the century, but they were just bullshit, for me, because it hurts.

"She is just a little kid who doesn't know the difference between lust and love yet."

Sweating badly I switched on the bedroom light, gulping in some cold water from the side table, and the water was warmer than I had expected making me cringe on its taste.

The digital clock displayed the time to be four in the dawn which wasn't a good start for the day as I usually get up around five except for nightmares like these. 

It has already been three years but still sometimes I dream of the rejection from my first ever love of life and that isn't a pleasurable memory. Although I must say life is much more peaceful at the moment is going in a  very good pace.

I really tried hard in understanding whose fault was it in the story of the Cursed Lover, but I couldn't come up with the exact answer my heart was desiring because maybe I did not want to know and even because my own love story has ended up becoming one of the similar case.

I have found the old diary I was once so obsessed with so having nothing else to do I thought of skimming through it's pages again, as it is still fascinating that I was knowing about the life of a woman whom I would never know.

My groggy head went through the pages with a robotic glance and after some time I found myself going through the news related to Fifeteen and my projects, which I must say was doing so good in the business.

I have passed Yash the baton of responsibility regarding all the developments of Mendel Project, as I really wanted to keep my distance with the Mendel family and it was working out amazingly.

I have reached new heights with my PR company and in the process I learnt to deal with my limitations and how farther I can push them, which is splendid!

I have always wanted to know the answer for why did Gabriel reject me on the national television and after that never contacted me as if we don't even know about each others existence, but with time even that question faded and I completely gave up on it after the little advice from Kriag which is the only time he has contacted me in the past three years.

The dog tells the time by smelling and my suggestion will be not to ever try finding the answer for why me, that might become a catastrophe.

~Anonymous

Well, of course it didn't have a name of address but I was positive I have only discussed about dogs with that idiot best friend of mine. Of course it was a burner phone as I never got to know from where he had messaged me, why and how?

That worked my brain sexily. I jumped up in excitement because I finally came to know who is the girl in this diary, was, because she is dead.

All the categories fit, Kamyanta Natya was living with the identity of Mrs Kamya Mendel, the caged princess who ran away. Gabriel's mother died after giving birth to him and that is why there are no more entries in the diary after the pregnancy page. 

Mrs Kamya couldn't believe that the Cursed Lovers story can be a reality while in contrast for me it has become life. That is how I concluded about her identity and I have feeling Gabriel's disappearance from Nainital from the past two years has something to do with it.

Smiling at myself proudly as if I had just cracked the enemies location latitudes I got up to go and have the eternity match of tennis against the ball machine.

Everything felt so smooth and peacefully normal with the absence of both the Mendel brothers in my life and for some reasons I was extremely nervous for Kriag's return to India as he has now become the only Indian to hold all the four major boxing belts under the lightweight category.

With the passing time I have made new acquaintances and friends in my line of work and just like that life went on but now knowing that a blast from the past will be coming back I did not know what to expect from it, maybe it is going to be the second phase.

On top of that I have managed to improve my cooking skills that I have mastered in making fish cakes, isn't that just awesome!

With that I can totally understand the last lyrics of Kamya's song from the diary - Life isn't a stroll in the garden!