23 | A bride, groom and death

V H R E A 

There is a wise difference between hiding a truth and compromising yet both are the acts of a mature person.

"You don't seem to be happy Lyle?" I asked as her face wasn't brimming like the supposed radiance of joy should be on the groom's sister.

"I am fine Destiny. Do you know why I started calling you that?" Lyle questioned me while Husna plastered her lips with a vibrant red lipstick.

"The question wasn't how are you and how do you expect me to know that!" I chimed biting my lips because every time I spoke to Lyle I felt the guilt gnawing my intestines.

I knew the truth, the veracity of a sin. One of the reasons behind Lyle's depressing condition was the acts of Robin and Emmet Grayson, the disgusting siblings of the bride. I wanted to shout the truth, let everyone face their diarrhea of reality but the problem was Lucas. He is in love with Selena and I have no rights to break his heart.

For revealing the truth only meant the end of a marriage. I was forced to chose love over friendship. I can get justice for Lyle through other means also but not by sleeping the nights with a sin of breaking a pure bond of marriage and love.

"After a point in my life you changed my destiny." Lyle said and if not for the smile on her face I would have misunderstood her tone to be laces with hatred.

"Hopefully it did for good." I added quickly as she gave a humorless laugh. This was a strange situation but when was I not stuck in events like these?

"Guys I said we are keeping the curly look and you had to betray me!" Husna shouted in complete disappointment still working on her lip decoration.

"Forget that. Vhrea, your man is going to walk down the aisle with Emmet!" Acute teased me and I laughed it off with a waving hand but deep down I was boiling in a rage ready to kill this world for making everything so damn against me.

Why on earth did Gabriel had to be the groom's man?

"I don't understand why did want to have a mountain wedding in the chills of September and that too here!" Lucas complained violently scratching the left of his neck a little bit too roughly. I laughed watching him.

Selus, that is the couple name I have given for Selens and Lucas, decided to ditch a church marriage and choose a destination for a beautiful abbot.

Apparently the choice has been great as the beauty of the mountains graced the impressive decoration of the eventful gather, with real and plastic flowers hanging all over the places kept in company of thousands of balloons bloomed the venue brightly.

"I just came back from that elderly table and guess what they were talking about? Gawd! They were trying to fix up Gabriel brother with the super hot Emmet. Isn't it just great?" Kriag caught my attention on the mention of Gabriel's supposed arranged marriage proposal.

The news made me want to bring a tornado to this event that Emmet doesn't gets to walk the aisle itself. An ankle injury would do. Inviting a storm to disrupt the walk felt more plausible until I could just have Gabriel to myself.

"Kaw. Mrs looks pretty!" My poor eardrums vaguely had the time to save itself as Bullet croaked into them then started flying in circles above our table. It soars happily whenever he sees you is what Gabriel has explained.

But again why did Rusty Pants think it was a good idea to tag an annoying per along to such a prestigious event?

As it was being observed that sitting along in the same space we all were discussing completely different topics, which now was suddenly silent with the unannounced intrusion of a certain crow.