30 | showdown of power

G A B R I E L

The whole basement seemed to be in a constant orchestra of punches, jabs and kicks as both of us continued throwing our endless grudge on each other, trying to resolve emotional drops with bleeding welts.

"Finally my brother picks up his gloves to fight against me, for whom? A third woman! Bring it on." Kriag provoked me, but I was planning on keeping things clean, respectful pummels, right punches and heavy amount of strike showdown.

Today I am planning on crushing his overconfidence of thinking that he is better than me, which he may be, but not till when I am here.

"Stance Kriag!" I shouted ready for another round of competition, as the first attempt was a neutral pact.

"Just admit that you are finally fighting me because of Vhrea, I will give up and even accept that you are the champion!" In return I did the favor of punching his right eye which he happily accepted instead of defending or ducking away, trying to be a hero.

At this rate he is going to lose any state level championship also, how on earth is Vansh taking care of his student? I need to have a serious talk with him but not before vanquishing the ego in Kriag, that will make him strong.

"Accept it bhaiyya!" He spat the last part as if saying the word itself burns his tongue, when did we get on so bad terms? Of course when he started being the extra careless, which has now cost the life of a cheerful human lady!

With fury in my eyes and intense strength in my fist I went straight for his mouth, so that he would shut up and stop talking.

His lips started bleeding making me realise that I shouldn't have been too hard on him, but again he is the one who has earned this pain.

"Well that's enough. The first one was Vhrea because I was irresponsible and the second one for me as you see I am very guilty. Deal settled, let's stop it here, brother." Kriag said as if I was an idiot who simply called in for a challenge for the sake of relishing my pain into pleasure by hitting him.

If he thinks that then he is mad. I want a proper play, fight, to show him how much difficult it is to be in my shoes, fit in a character I hate the most, fall for the same girl he is probably in love with.

On top of everything I simply wanted him to know I have become a monster, I am not just his brother anymore.

I dived a punch on his straight nose which ignited the power-play, I will win it, for Vhrea, I was extremely angry at Kriag for being such an irresponsible driver. But I am not going to accept this and give him the pleasure of satisfaction, he doesn't deserve it.

When I got a call from him about rushing to the hospital as early as possible I did not expect Vhrea lying in a blood costumed dress and tons of wires connected to her body.

Looks like she has a very deep bonding with hospitals. It took every ounce of my body for not attempting murder on Kriag right away, thinking about how dangerous my thoughts were becoming just for her was terrifying me to the deepest core.

I couldn't stand watching her fight with all the charges and ions of the surroundings just to take in a breath. It was like my every bone was being crushed to sand, the pain of watching her struggle and being so vulnerable was heartbreaking.

All I could do is beg her to be a fighter and come back to me, us, sooner, just like the speed of light but that didn't work so I had to request and beseech Jesus to let her live because the universe still needs her.

It was an endless struggle on an emotional note which Vhrea will never be able to know, she better not, and after the happenings in loop, finally after three days the God's decided to keep her on earth, which gave me a never ending belief in the trust system of adjure.