20 | strange revelation

V H R E A

"Cheesus, that was sacredly scary!" I yelped from the inside of my black veil which was translucent enough to show the eagle about to attack me, on the wooden door frame. Mendel family did have some serious fetishes with birds, be it harmful carved talons or real life beaks.

"Calm down. We wouldn't want another repeat of Grandfather." Meher whispered loud enough for me to hear, a clear warning to keep things expertly straight.

A subtle few minutes back even before we could sneak into the Mendel Mansion Rusty Pants Grandfather stopped us at the gate for an unnecessary meet and greet session, which I was dreading to avoid like a plague because my tolerance for this old man was getting lower and lowest after the mural incident.

At first I had assumed that maybe this was all Rusty Pants set up to keep an eye on me after the hospital incident but later on after the ugly unfold of things where Dadi and his Grandfather assumed it would be okay in flabbergasting Fifeteen office into some retro rom-com shoot location with their bickering and hovering, is when things started navigating extremely south. Yash was almost on the verge of burning himself alive while on the other hand Rosa found it cute and funny.

I couldn't decide who was the worse of all, Dadi for clogging up my peaceful office life or most senior Mendel for bringing an unreasonable amount of paint buckets and staining the tiles in rainbow colors. 

When you are the sailor the direction call is solely yours and while being the coast guard you don't have a choice but to oblige.Guess who is the worse? 

See the world doesn't need to criticize me when I have an amazing one inside my own head. Whatever was happening didn't matter because of what Grandfather Mendel said the next thing - Gabriel's mother also had those beautiful eyes like the blaze to conquer the world for whomever she loved and Rafeal was a lucky brat, I guess Kriag need yours as you have the same conquest in yours -I know it just sounds okay except the part of becoming Kriag's whatever something and twice the usage of yours, but isn't it strange he talked in past tense even though Minerva Aunty is still alive. Maybe I was just overthinking and thankfully he left us with the reason of getting late to work that must be another episode of pigmentation of my holy office. 

If there's one style that never goes out of style, it's the nautical, beach-inspired look. The characteristic features of nautical interior are the presence of textile, inexpensive wooden furniture and an abundance of white color. That is why interiors of the Mendel mansion were looking splendid, simply screaming rich taste in designing. But still that wasn't giving a homely feeling maybe because I don't belong here or whatever it must have been.

Thankfully Kriag was in the garden area which better be termed as a mini park. It was filled with a sand cockpit followed by swings and slides reaching to a water pool. An incarnate version of certain movie location it represented with the flavor of a sandy air. 

"Hello Kriag. How is the Jenga going?" Meher asked the obvious question watching him play Jenga all by himself unless spirits were invited in this home.

"Hi Meher Di. It is not a surprise seeing you here but weren't you supposed to be in Mexico now?" Kriag asked without any concentration of how many people were present because maybe he is used to crowds due to his unavoidable shoots.

"No. My presence here is important, plus Gabriel sorted things with Vansh Sir and requested him to take the lead in competitions as the head coach. It seems Dr Mendel needed a hand in the business."

"How are the results coming so far?" Kriag asked and by now I understood he was purposely avoiding an eye contact with Meher and simply working round and round with the same Jenga piece, uselessly.