34 | as if it's your first

V H R E A

"Thank you for giving your time for this event. Hopefully all of you are here with the genuine interest for our cause to help anyone who seeks and confide in us and on that note I would like to clear, yes we have partnered with the Uttarakhand police to give a new direction to our innovative idea of strength and I assure all the users that your anonymity is and will always be our top priority unless you approach us furthermore." 

The guests seated in their tables, media personnel's donning their jobs, caterers busily rushing around and my family watching me with proud eyes, all became inaudible for a moment making my heart do an enormous lub dub session scared that I messed up. Probably that is why they say to keep a prior speech ready, but this was a last minute decision I took after several ages of rejecting Rosa's idea.

After a moment everybody erupted in a chorus of thundering claps initiated by Omma who was very graciously watching me from the front table. That gave me the head on to continue and I only wished that Grandmother should have been here.

"This is a very rare event that I am speaking openly and there are no extra point or prizes in pointing out if I am being arrogantly important about myself."

This gave a horrified look on Omma's pretty face matched by many other guests too as if I was speaking a gibberish language while a few strange alien like humans in the crowd could relate to me and laughed along with my smile.

Watching the bunch of people plastering fake smiles on their faces just to be in the good books of some other reliable hosts so that someday they can benefit with these acts and then there were these category of people who know their presence value and exploited them cruelly as if showing the world of their self importance.

These contributing factors rejuvenated the spark of self life in me. 

My desire of not to just be a daughter of my parents, a sister to Jules, no more the same idiot girl loathing herself for Lyle's death and a laminating friend waiting for Lucas to forgive me. I didn't want to care. 

I was no more the heartbroken pathetic girl who even considered that something was wrong in me that bastard Gabriel rejected and humiliated me. I was determined not to be the someone who will be known for defying her Grandfather to make a place in the society, neither as the girl who killed her friend nor as someone whose family is one of the richest jeweler sellers.

I just wanted to think about what am I? Who am I? I am not going to prove my worth to anyone, they better realise it by themselves.

"I have a very strange thing to share with you all and it is going to take a while so just keep continuing with the good and peek your ears to my sweet voice." It did seem like I was being possessed by a Radio Jockey trying to be all sunshine and rainbows with my words.

"Well as you all are eating let me begin with this - what do you think is common between a farmer, businessman, child, our prime minister and a prostitute?" On the mention of the last word I saw the grimace on the face of many guests as if regretting their life decisions of coming into this party.

Well I never forced any of them and its not like at least any one of the men here has never hooked up with a prostitute seeing that everyone is loaded with money to the breasts.

There were murmuring here and there of a nonchalant discussion of what the hell was I speaking and of course Omma was giving me the skewer eyes of disapproval while Daddy dearest looked with the earnest in his eyes screaming his curiosity of what I was up to.

"Okay, then answer this one - what do you think is the common thing among a police officer, housewife, psychopath murderer, a priest and a gay?"

Few of the cameramen found it exciting and hilarious of what I was doing and where was this all leading to. At this point even my confidence was over flowing through the nerves, all my cells and burning tissues.