27 | teaching life

G A B R I E L

Being called stoic in this world isn't any great concept, at least according to how the modern psychology explains about healthier beliefs in life.

For me some how shutting off many things has helped building up the honour of tepidness, I have learnt to tremble no more to the dangers of life, bearing my pain or sorrow without any remorse keeps my thoughts biased and focused only on my goal.

There is always a first for everything.

These seven words are the only words in my dictionary, infact  seven is a very contradictory number both in unflinching fate and unlucky mechanism. Anyhow, somewhere the number has started making me feel confident in many ways, unknown to my own testimony of thinking I find seven as my powerful scintillate: The spark of erasing denyable oddities of my life.

Stupid it sounds but still nonetheless my favourite hours of the day are both the after and prime meridian seven's of the clock, I make it sure that if any important meetings are held it should have any seven number significant be it from date, time, or number of people, month etcetera. The fact that being obsessed with the number has lead me into training only seven candidates at Method Sports Academy: One of the prime reasons I don't give much advice to Kriag because then the belief chain of seven, of mine, will break.

And there is no any power in the paddling universe which can save a man with jinxed belief and dying broken-trust principles.

That is the primitive reasons sometimes .. okay, most of the majority times I don't realise how harsh I am on people, especially my trainees.

"Boss please excuse Shoaib this one time . . er.. his arm isn't good in health."

Shreyas spoke being the oldest of all trainees, who sometimes finds himself becoming the vociferous of them, who call themselves the Batch of Watch, a catchy line which amuses me a lot but the meaning behind it did make me realise how much grown up and mature they are becoming, but the name wasn't going to soften me at the present moment.

After a second, all the fury of uncertainty yanked out of my overwhelming head.

"Even an ambulatory patient would do better than what you are doing Shoaib. When signing the contract of career with me did you think it's all going to be roses and pumpkin?" My voice automatically raised to a next level of sound pitch by the end of the sentence making everyone flinch around, Shreyas now stood with a down casting gaze while Meher merely stood there for moral support to the boys, not trying any vain attempts to stop me like always.

That is an attractive trait about her, of how well she knew her role responsibilities and not interfering or meddling with my job for becoming the guardian angel of these talented boys.

"How many of you guys use cracked pots everyday for eating or whatever?"

"Me - no.." Rahul embarrassingly trailed off after realising the usage of cracked word in the question, obviously nobody would use.

"Do you think pottery is done only by giving clay a shape with the wheel? No! It takes sweat, tears, physical exhaustion, mental strategy and what not to make one perfectly usable piece! And a little mistake of a tiny chipping in the piece or a hair crack also makes the product disqualified in quality to sell."

I stared flabbergastingly at all the seven members who didn't dare meet my eyes, fear of being criticised was consuming their souls. I could hardly control the tricking nerve on my neck, watching them not giving their best, not even a hundred and fifty percent in their practices has been pertrifying my hand to punch their faces straight and hard.