33 | poof

V H R E A

I got rejected by the love of my life on national television and my first kiss was taped and put in the web for the world to see and the only positive thing out of it was my face wasn't seen, my name wasn't spoken so that should be a relief.

The news was so disheartening. The world was sucking. Everything felt depressing. I was putting on a strong and cold facade on my face to avoid people pitying me for my situation.

She is just a little kid who doesn't know the difference between lust and love yet.

That kept ringing in pure ellipse as I tried shutting my ears as if somebody was shouting that into my eardrums. I was being so pathetic.

"I can't believe it that Meher Mam was the traitor." Spongebob said who was seated beside me and I couldn't agree more, although I did have a little hunch of being suspicious about her duty presence but I never thought she could do this to us. And seems that there is more to the story and I don't understand why am I stuck in another of a situation where the criminal is victimized and I cannot help but keep myself calm.

I deserve a break. I am heartbroken, don't I at least get some time off to keep myself sane?

"Vhrea trust me I never wanted things to come out this way. Please forgive me. I had no other option." Meher pleaded and broke into another row of sobbing.

I felt like a dumb as she continued begging for unreasonable forgiveness. I should have known it was Meher who sent the brother-sister living as a husband and wife situtaion on our Serene Affairs help portal. She denied it so strongly, but still was interested for an answer. All the symptoms were there, Shad the fake husband who is actually her brother was working for Tameez Multemedia Industries and wanted the top class gossip, but why me? Or, why only target Mendel Sports Academy? It isn't like this place was making some fortunes with black market.

"I am a divorcee. Our society where we were living in didn't accept me, they threatened to kill me! I had no option but confide in my brother." Meher started her reasoning for the third time as I still couldn't form up the words to say her.

"Why not go to the police for help instead of playing dirty with your brother? It is disgusting!" I could hear Rahul's voice tremble because it isn't easy to accept that somebody so close to you was just wearing a deceiving mask.

"I was just 20 then! The police would have blamed me the rason for being divorced just like how the society was doing. I really. ..really did not have a choice. I needed my brother's protection and he forced me to . . be the spy here."

The spy word suddenly bought out the silent storm in the room by the Batch of Watch. It was SpongeBob who figured out the truth first although by now I had my points already ready on her. I wonder why he got a doubt on Meher.

"Mam. Do you even know how much Boss adores you and your loyalty, your friendship? He fought with his father every time you were called a chronic liar and this is how you repay the kindness?" Shreyas growled in boiling anger.

This got my attention. Betrayal again, and who could know the taste of being deceived better than me. Lyle's accusations were still fresh as lilies in my head. The blame, uncanny notation and the betrayal stung painfully.

As much as I hated Gabriel for making me a public laughing stock I didn't want him to go through it like how I suffered.

"Vhrea we have made the decision that only you have the right to deal with Meher Mam because she gave you the biggest deception." Wasi passed the decision of final verdict for the crime into my hands.