Chapter 1 Tickets

"Ahhh!" My younger sister comes bursting into my room. "Guess what? Guess what?"

I roll my eyes at her, you'd think she'd won a million dollars or finally gotten a text from Alex.

"What?" I finally shout over her screaming. She seriously needs to stop jumping around my room like a moron. She's 17 for Pete's sake.

"Mom got 2 tickets for Coffee House and the show!"

"Cool," I say flatly, flipping the page of the magazine I'm reading. "Hope you and mom have fun."

"Actually," mom interrupts, standing in the doorway, "I have to work the night shift at the hospital that evening. I was hoping you could take her."

Good thing I'm laying down already, because this would have knocked me down flat. I lower the magazine and peer at her over the brightly colored pictures.

"You're joking."

"Please Andrea? I know it's a big favor but Kelsey can't go by herself."

"Mom!" I moan.

"Oh please Andi?" Kelsey folds her hands and blinks at me, lip sticking out so far you could use it to land a plane. "It's not like you can't stand his music, and I'm not dragging you along to meet Justin Bieber like last time."

"Fine," I sigh.

She's right, it's not that big of a deal. I'm just not one of those people who is overly impressed by celebrities. I think spending outrageous amounts of money to meet them is a huge waste.

"By the way mom," I ask, raising my voice so she comes back to my room. "How did you get the tickets anyway? I thought you and dad said we were budgeting."

"Won them on the radio." Her face breaks out into a large grin.

I can't help but grin back. She's always been lucky like that.

"Not on my radio station I hope."

"I know better than that. Anyway, dinner will be ready in 10. Wash up please."

"Okay!" Kelsey and I call after her.

"Ahh!" Kelsey screams again.

"You really have to stop doing that." I say sarcastically, trying to find where I left off in the article I was reading.

"Hunter's totally going to hug me!"

I snort. "I hug you all of the time."

"Yeah, but you're not hot," she retorts.

"I also can't propose to you." I joke, knowing it'll get under her skin.

She ignores me and waltzes over to my closet and starts riffling through my stuff. "And you are defiantly not a guy. But you sure dress like one."

"Hey!" I take the bait. I grab my pillow and hurl it at her. "Get out of my room!"

"Whatever." She doesn't listen and instead flops down next to me on my bed. "I'm totally going to make you look like a girl for the concert. And you seriously need to sing with him... or we both should!"

"Not in a million years."

"Come on, you're good. And I'm not just saying that because I'm your sister."

"No, you are saying it in spite of it." Wow, I am in a surly mood tonight.

"Shut up! When Hunter and I are dating I'm so gonna make sure he helps you get discovered."

I decide to block her out. It's easier than killing her.

"Kids! Your dad''s home! Time to eat!"