Chapter 4 CHE (need I say more?)

I can't believe how packed this place is. It was hard finding 2 seats together but we did, and Kelsey has decided that they are acceptable. They aren't too terribly far back. Sure it's way off to the side but whatever.

The whole crowd of people moving around makes it a little warm in here. I shift uncomfortably in my seat.

"How much longer?" I ask Kelsey.

She turns to me, I've interrupted her conversation, she's met up with 2 or 3 people she knows from online. I swear she can't have the kind of time to support her productive schooling and her social media obsession. But somehow she does it.

"Just chill!" She tells me.

Funny, I would have thought she'd already be melting into a nervous puddle on the floor. She really is growing up.

I look around the room, I am so bored.

"First time?" The girl next to me asks.

"Yes, you?"

"Fourth time!" She declares proudly.

I pretend to look excited and I congratulate her. But my mind already started totaling up the amount of money she's spent just to see Hunter Hayes 4 times.

"He's coming. He's coming." Mummers travel through the room as someone starts to announce him.

I sit up and brace myself for Kelsey's screaming, which will be joined by everyone else.

He walks in. Everyone screams, "Welcome Home Hunter!"

I still jump, I was not expecting them to be that loud!

He laughs and takes his place, going on about how great it is to be here and how amazing we all are.

As he keeps talking i find that I am actually more interested than I thought I would be. He cares about his fans, that much is easy to see. When he asks for questions Kelsey's hand shoots straight up.

"Sorry guys, I should have mentioned, I won't be able to sing with y'all today. I didn't have a chance to warm up."

Kelsey and a couple others put their hands down. I breath a sigh of relief and Kelsey shoots a dirty look in my direction like I planned this. I grin at her. He starts calling on people.

A girl asks him a question and I strain to hear the answer. It's a good question.

"If you wouldn't be where you are today where would you see yourself being?"

I always wonder this myself. Celebrities seem to find fame easily. But what about future stars? It's getting harder and harder to get noticed... probably because everyone's getting discovered for the most insignificant things. So really making it to the top, and staying there, is more difficult than ever. I sometimes wonder if it's even worth the effort.

Even Hunter has to stop and think for a second. "Still trying to get here," he finally replies.

I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding. With that answer he's reassured me that I am doing the right thing. I'm not going to give up. I'm think about my offers and maybe, just maybe, I can go for the bigger, less certain of the two.

When questions are finally over we have to line up for individual meet and greets. Kelsey and I find ourselves in the middle of the line.

Kelsey's starting to fidget and her face is turning red. Yep, this is the Kelsey I am used to. Meeting her heros simply floors her.

"Breathe," I remind her.

"How do I look?" She counters.

"Really, here I think you are about to faint and you are concerned with your looks?"

"I look like that?" She gasps, her face coloring redder.

'Stupid,' I tell myself. "I'm kidding, you look amazing."

I watch as my comment calms her down. But she still looks freaked. I start singing softly near her ear to make her laugh.

I sing 'If It's Just Me' but I change the lyrics:

"If it's just you
I think you need to stop obsessing over Hunter Hayes
If it's just you
Don't fan-girl over him, he'll run away"

She laughs extremely loudly and all of her nerves just seem to dissolve away.

It's then that I notice how quiet everything is.

We've moved to the front of the line. I am holding things up, someone is ushering me forward. Oops.

I look at Kelsey and she giggles and pushes me.

I walk up to Hunter, who is wearing a rather bemused smile on his face.

I hold out my hand as he goes for a hug. Then it's awkward as we shift around, I'm not big on physical contact.

"Nice to meet you," I tell him.

"Thanks, nice to meet you too... Interesting lyrics."

"Oh sorry, didn't mean to be so loud." I am more annoyed that he heard me than I am embarrassed. He's still smirking and it's rubbing me the wrong way.

He chuckles to fill the silence and Kelsey walks up, "Hi, I'm Kelsey and this is my older sister Andi. It is so amazing to meet you!"

They hug and Kelsey pulls an envelope out of her pocket. "This is for you," she holds it out to him.

"Thank you!" He takes it and puts it in his pocket, "I'll read it later."

"I love you, your music means so much to me..." Kelsey starts to gush. After a minute or so I elbow her in the side.

She doesn't stop, "Hey," she says, not even missing a beat. "You're signed to Atlantic Records, my sister got an offeOW!"

This time I subtly pinch her in the arm.

"Well, we've taken up enough of your time," I tell him.

Then we pose for a picture. I tense up as he puts his arm around me.

I say goodbye and walk away, I notice Kelsey hangs back.

I stop and wait. I watch her take his sharpie from him after he signs her favorite shoes.

He hands her envelope back and she writes on it. He takes it again and they hug and she comes running up to me. Her face is bright and beautiful.

"What was that all about?" I ask as we walk out.

"Oh, nothing. I just forgot something and I also had to ask him to look for us later for a selfie."

I roll my eyes, so much for hanging back from the edge of the stage. I really hope no one rips my shirt.

"That was the best! I can't believe I just met HUNTER HAYES! I mean did that really just happen?" Kelsey blubbers.

"I'm proud of you, you didn't freeze or start to cry this time."

"Shut up."

"I'm kidding, just happy you're having a good time."

"Oh loads! Come on, we've gotta go!"
I laugh as she drags me behind her. I am not sure where she got all of this energy, she is never drinking coffee again.
.
.
A special thanks to @hunterhayyess for helping me out on this chapter!