Chapter 15 Possibilities

My head is swirling, Hunter just texted to say he was heading up.

I think I look okay.

Kelsey's dark red, knee length, silk evening dress seems appropriate. But I can't seem to fix my hair so it looks decent. I end up twisting it up and pinning it loosely, it's the only fancy thing I know how to do with it.

I hear a knock and dodge across the apartment to open the door.

"Hello, just one minute, sorry, I'm almost ready." I let Hunter into the living room.

"Hey, you do know how to dress like a girl!"

"Shut up!" I can't help but laugh as I run back to the bedroom to finish up. Shoes! I need to find the matching shoes!

"Okay, ready." I throw on a pair of simple silver earrings and a matching bracelet.

Hunter leads me down to his car, he's wearing a black suit. Following behind him on the stairs I notice that the collar is popped up in a funny manner. I reach out to straighten it.

"Hey!" He twitches as my fingers brush the nape of his neck.

"Sorry, I just figured you didn't want to look like a complete slob, you know, like you usually do."

"Right," I hear the sarcasm in his voice as he unlocks his car.

I fidget a bit as I settle into my seat.

"So, you've got a big night ahead of you." Hunter starts talking as he drives.

"I guess," I shrug.

"You really aren't nervous at all are you?"

"Well yeah, I'm afraid that I am going to spill on this dress and Kelsey is going to kill me."

Hunter laughs. "You are afraid of ruining a dress but not afraid of meeting a bunch of celebrities?"

"No, they're just people, like you."
"Oh, you're one of THOSE people."

I am about to ask what he means but we have arrived at the event.

Okay, maybe I am a little nervous. I admit it to myself. My palms are sweating as Hunter escorts me inside, this place is nice. And there are a lot of people I know, through media only.

I do freeze up when I see we are standing not even 12 feet away from Tim McGraw and Faith Hill. I have loved them since forever and listen to practically all of their music. Their relationship and music have inspired me so much.

Hunter must have heard me stop breathing. He looks at me and follows my eye line.

"You sure you're okay?"

I nod slightly, my eyes not leaving the famous couple.

"You wanna meet 'em?"

I look at him, dazed. "This isn't real, this is to cool to be real."

He smiles, "now you're acting like a normal person. Come on."

By the time they serve the food I am finally getting used to all of the star status that surrounds me. I don't leave Hunter's side all evening. And I am only slightly embarrassed being introduced as his date.

Around midnight people start to leave and I find that a night full of introductions and conversation has left me completely drained.

Finally, Hunter puts his hand on my arm and tells me we should get going.

As we drive back to my place I get my second wind. Tonight was fantastic, and I'm not ready for it to end.

"Let's go do something." I tap my feet against the floor of the car.