𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

sᴇʟғɪsʜ | ᴊᴏɴ ᴍᴏxʟᴇʏ
( ᴀᴄᴛ ᴏɴᴇ, ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ )

ALYSSA DONOVAN WAS set to interview jon right in the beginning of the show

ALYSSA DONOVAN WAS set to interview jon right in the beginning of the show. alyssa stood in front of a backdrop, she was shaking because she was nervous. "moxley should be here any second so we're gonna go live almost right when he gets here." alyssa nodded, clearing her throat. "alright." alyssa said, nodding again.

jon walked up to the area and he looked at alyssa then looking over at the cameraman. "you both know what you're supposed to do?" they both nodded, "alright we're live in 3..2.." and the cameraman pointed at them, signaling they were live. they're names showed up on the screen and their social media's then alyssa started to speak.

"jon.. last week you defended your title in a no holds barred match against jake hager. you successfully defended your title and are still the current aew world champion." alyssa looked at him then continued, "jon, what do you have to say to anyone who challenges you for your title?" alyssa said. "when you get in the ring with me, when you sign up for a match with jon moxley, and you step between the ropes.. there's no running. there's no hiding, there's no judges, there's no scorecards. there's no way out except going through me. i force you to fight me. you don't have a choice."

alyssa nodded, the camera's turning off and going to the show. "alyssa you have to be out there in five, thats the next commercial break and when we come back then you need to be out there when the cameras come back on." the cameraman said and alyssa nodded, "alright, thanks." alyssa quietly said. alyssa went to walk away but felt a hand wrap around her wrist, pulling her back.

she looked up and seen jon, "alyssa we need to talk." jon said and alyssa shook her head, "i'm sorry but i need to go out in a few." alyssa said, trying to walk away but jon had a hold on her. "alyssa come on i haven't seen you in over a year. i wanna talk to you." jon said and stepped closer to alyssa. "i'm sorry jon, but i need to go out there. maybe some other time?" alyssa said and walked away leaving him and going to do her job.

jon sighed, definitely confirming the fact that alyssa was avoiding him. he groaned and walked around to find alyssa's best friend, thalia. he saw her and sat down looking at her, "i need to ask you something." jon said and thalia looked up, setting her things down and giving him her full attention. "what's up?" she asked him, he sighed and looked at her. "why is alyssa avoiding me?" he questioned.

"what do you mean?" thalia asked, trying to stay out of it because she didn't want alyssa to get pissed off at her again. "thalia come on.. she didn't wanna be alone with me yesterday. she won't have a conversation with me, she won't look at me. so what's going on? why is she avoiding me?" jon asked her. "well.. jon.. she hasn't seen you in a year. it's probably a little weird for her to see you everyday now after going a year without seeing each other."

"weird? why would it be weird?" jon asked her. "jon did you not just hear what i just said?" thalia sighed. "no i did, buy why would it be weird?" jon asked again. "dude she hasn't seen you in over a year. you two spent every day and every night together for eight years and suddenly it was like you disappeared completely. you two haven't seen or talked to each other in over a year. you know how alyssa is, jon. you meant a lot to her, i'm sure you still do mean a lot to her." thalia took a breath, "she probably just misses you but she doesn't know how to deal with it. you know alyssa like the back of your hand. talk to her jon, get her to open up to you."

jon sighed, "i tried to talk to her earlier but she kinda freaked out and said she had to go out but she had a few minutes before she had to go out." thalia shrugged, "maybe try and give her time and let her come to you? i don't know. honestly, i'm really not sure." thalia said. jon quietly groaned, "but i know she's got a lot to say to you, jon. trust me." thalia said. "like what?" jon asked her. "that's not my place to say. that's a conversation that needs to happen between you and her." jon groaned again, "i'm sorry but that's really just between you two."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
ALYSSA WALKED BACKSTAGE, she had just finished the show up and was exhausted. she wanted nothing more than to just go to bed and not wake up until noon. "great job alyssa!" cody rhodes exclaimed, "it was amazing as always!" his wife, brandi, exclaimed. she turned and smiled, "thank you!" she blew a kiss and continued walking, her boots clicking against the cement ground.

she quickly found thalia, "hey when we leave, i wanna stop and get food is that cool? i'll pay." alyssa said and thalia nodded. "yeah, but we're gonna stay for a few extra minutes because i need to go talk to dustin." alyssa wiggled her eyebrows, "okay sis." alyssa giggled and thalia rolled her eyes. "i'll be back." thalia said. "alright." alyssa said, walking to find britt.

alyssa walked down the hall, she saw jon and got up the courage to just walk past him and not turn around. she had to go that way one way or another so she decided to just go for it and just ignore him. "alyssa wait, please." jon said and grabbed her wrist. "yes, jon?" alyssa asked and he brought her over by a crate. "why are you avoiding me, alyssa?" jon straight up asked. "what?" alyssa asked.

"why are you avoiding me?" jon repeated. "i don't know what you're talking about." alyssa told him, crossing her arms over her chest. "you know exactly what i'm talking about, alyssa." jon replied, looking down at her. alyssa moved her blonde hair behind her ear, "i don't, jon." alyssa said. "alyssa, come on." jon said and alyssa sighed, "i don't know what you want me to say. i don't know what you're talking about." alyssa said.

"alyssa you won't talk to me, you won't look at me. hell you won't even be in the same fucking room as me." jon said, staring down at her. "well i don't know what you expect from me, jon." alyssa shrugged. "i don't know what you want from me." alyssa continued. "what i want from you is to talk to me. lyss, we haven't talked to each other in over a year." jon said.

"and that's on you, jon." alyssa told him, looking down at her boots. "if you want us to get back back to how we were then you need to grow up and talk to me, alyssa." jon said, alyssa rolled her eyes. "who said i wanted to get back to where we were?" alyssa scoffed, knowing damn well she didn't mean that. "alyssa you don't mean that." jon said, alyssa straightening her body.

"maybe i do. maybe i don't. i don't know." alyssa shrugged. "that's what i mean, alyssa. if you don't want us back where we were before then you need to tell me. but you and i both know that you do want this. we both know that you want our friendship back." jon said and she knew he was telling the truth. the truth that she wouldn't admit. "i don't know what i want, jon." alyssa said again.

"then we need to sit down like grown ups and talk about it, alyssa." jon said. "then that conversation is gonna have to happen some other time, because i need to go." alyssa said and she started to walk away. "alyssa come on," jon said, practically begging her to stay and talk. "i'm sorry jon, i need to go." alyssa said and backed away, turning around and leaving jon alone.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
AUTHORS NOTE:
i love jon🤧 i'm so glad that you all are enjoying this book! i love you all💕🥺