Chapter Fifteen

Everyone had gone to bed, but I couldn't. I just lay on my bed, staring at the ceiling.

I had completed the paperwork on what to do with Uncle's body. Choosing between burial and creamation, I chose burial, and I chose to have him buried on the hill, with everyone else. I didn't have a reason to go there for a while, but I was going to make it a point to visit Uncle when I could; maybe even bring his favorite ice cream with me.

He was going to be buried in a couple weeks. I was going to call up his old police crew and invite them to the funeral, as well as anyone that worked with us at the pizzeria. It wasn't going to be easy..

Next, I had to pick a coffin. I wanted it to be perfect for him. I knew that if he were to tell me which one he wanted, it would be something lame and plain, but I wanted him to leave this world in style. He desserved the very best.
___________

When the sun rose, I was ready to teach. I dressed in a tanktop and shorts and headed down to the dojo. To my surprise, everyone was already there, ready to go.

"Good morning." I stood in front of them. They all looked at me, smiling, but at the end of the day, I knew those smiles would fade. "First, we need to stretch, and loosen your muscles. Follow my lead."

I lead them in stretching and breathing exercises to get them loose and calm. They followed along pretty well.

I in no way thought I was going to be any good to teach Judo, especially the way I was going to have to cram every lesson I ever learned, in just 7 days. It took me YEARS to get as good as I was.

"Next we need to focus on balancing your center of gravity in a stance. You Want to stand in a way that you won't easily be knocked over."

(Note: This was my actual first lesson in Judo.)

We just went over the basics  like balance and finding your center and proper breathing for staying calm. The way we stretched would have had them sore in the morning.

It seemed that everyone had fun learning from me that day.
______________

*Time Skip*

After day 3 of training, where everyone had a sparring partner and practiced their moves learned so far, we all sat on the couch waiting to use the showers as there were only 2 in the house. Bonnie and Foxy went first.

"So I called the old owner of the pizzeria." Gordon stated suddenly , as we waited. "He said he wanted to meet with us, especially you (Y/N), because you own it alone now."

"When did you have time to do that kinda research??" Chica asked. "(Y/N) is working us to the bone!"

"I thought it would be less hard on you since you have some kind of training already.." Freddy pointed out.

"That was self training, duh, you were there."

"What?" I giggled.

"Oh, don't you remember? When you freed me in that museum you tried to do. Anyway, we were gone a long time, so I trained myself for combat. Nothing like this though. I trained to be light on my feet, and this is quite the opposite."

"Oh.." I recalled, but only faintly, what  she was talking about. After all, the lack of air got to me when I was there so I was, if at all, barely concious.

"After my shower, I have somewhere I need to be. Don't wait up." Marty mentioned.

"Heyyyyy where have you been going anyway?" Freddy asked.

"I've been wondering that too..." I added, seeing as he had been leaving for long hours every night after training.

"Just for a nightly walk, for fresh air." Marty smiled.

"uhhh let's change the subject." Foxy immediately suggested, when he entered the room right from his shower. It seemed he had rushed in there just so he could change the subject. Were they in cahoots?? "(Y/N), what do you wanna do fer yer birthday?"

"Oh, I don't know..." I looked away. "Just go for coffee and lunch I guess..."

"That's it?" Chica smiled.

"Well, it won't really be the same this year...to be honest, I'm not sure I want to do anything at all."

It was quiet amongst us for a minute. Then , it was my turn to shower.