Chapter Thirty Two

I had slept soundly,  knowing I wasn't alone, and woke up feeling secure with Freddy's arms around me. I knew I had to get up and face the day,  but I really didn't want to.

"Okay, sleepy heads, time to get up." Uncle knocked at the door and left as quickly as he had arrived.   We both got up and got changed and headed downstairs where everyone was, and Chica was making breakfast.

So everyone was already awake. Freddy and I were the only ones missing. We sat down at the new table brought in the day before, where everyone else was sitting.

"About time you woke up." Gordon looked at us like sleeping in an extra hour was just so offensive. "Anyway,  I came up with a design for the security system, all I need are materials. We also designed the safe room. We're gonna start working on it today."

"That's good to hear." I smiled.

"The rest of us should practice what (Y/N) taught is with Judo." Foxy stated. "Just because Vincent doesn't know where we are now, doesn't mean we should relax."

"I agree. Plus I wanna get better." Bonnie added.

"That all sounds great but..." Marty began "Is it all right, if you take me to Henry's house? I told him I would visit weekly in exchange for Rockstar Bonnie."

"Sure, I'll drive you there." I smiled. "Chica, wanna come? We'll go grocery shopping when we drop Marty off for his visit, and then pick him up when he's done."

"I'm in!" She called as she finished making pancakes.

"Thank you..." Marty looked down, something definitely on his mind.

"Dude, you ok?" Bonnie asked, nudging him with his elbow.

"There's something..." Marty began but stopped as he desperately searched for the words to explain. "Can I talk to you guys about something?"

"Of course, Marty. " Uncle replied. "Never hesitate to talk to us when you need to."

"Thank you..." Marty ran his fingers though his hair. He looked as if he were nervous about telling us something. Like we would have judged him. "I've been having...dreams. Actually, more like nightmares. It was like...I existed in a time before you guys were here, before you needed me to give you life. There was a girl I was always with, her name was...Charlie."

"An old friend?" I aksed.

"Not exactly. I was her guardian. Then one night, he got her."

"What? Are you sure this was a dream, if Vincent was in it?" Freddy asked.

"It felt so real. I was always, always with her. She wore this bracelet, that I was always drawn to. Everything else seemed to be in black and white except for that bracelet. The night I couldn't get to her for some reason, that's when he got her. I remember seeing her in the rain and I held her cold body in my arms." He folded his arms across his chest like something had given him the chills.

"Okay, that's enough for now." I stood up and made my way to the other side of the table, where Marty sat. He looked up at me with tears in his eyes. I wiped them as they spilled over. "Whatever it is you're going through, we will be with you the whole time. There is nothing to be afraid of." 
_____________

After breakfast, Marty, Chica and I went into town so that we could drop Marty off at Henry's house.

"Call me if you need anything okay Marty?" I called, as he climbed out of the back seat.

"Thanks,  (Y/N)." He smiled and shut the door. Chica and I proceeded to go grocery shopping. We were also going to pick up some clothes.

"What do you think Marty's dream was telling him?" Chica asked, as I drove calmly.

"Who knows. " I replied. "I'm curious too,  but did you see his face? He's horrified. We gotta make sure we give him some space on this, and keep assuring him that we are still here for him."

"Yeah I guess so.."

Marty's POV:

After  (Y/N) and Chica dropped me off at Henry's, I was hesitant to actually hesitant to walk up to his door. Those nightmares I had been having had something to do with him, I knew they did. I knew because the last time I had seen him, I mentioned Charlie by name after he had talked about his daughter. I knew that visiting Henry like we agreed upon, would show me how I knew her, but the question was...did I really want to know?

I was happy, very happy with everyone. I felt like if I found out how  I knew Charlie, it would change everything and I wasn't ready for that. I loved everything I had at the moment. So I hesitated.

I just stood there, staring at the house for a moment. Then eventually,  I got the nerve to knock. I took a deep breath, and knocked 3 times. I wasn't waiting long when Henry answered the door.

"I thought you might be coming today." He smiled at me. "I just got done making tea, come on in!"

"Thank you." I smiled and entered his house. We sat down in his living room.

"So...I bet you have alot of questions since the last time we talked." Henry began, as he poured a some tea for me in this fancy tea cup, then gently set it on the table. "As do I."

"I do." I took a sip of the fresh hot tea. It was refreshing. "Let's start from the beginning; let's talk about Charlie."