Chapter Fourty

After reading the letter in which Marty specifically asked me not to cry, I cried. I cried alot. He went through all that uncertainty and he was so scared, and he couldn't bring it to me, for my own sake. Nothing in that letter made me mad, like he was nervous about. But I did feel a little guilty.

I wiped my face off and drank my coffee. I took a shower and got dressed to go visit the restaurant to check on things. I was gonna have a slice of pizza too, just because.

I got myself ready, and drove Uncle's truck to the restaurant. I entered the front door, and ordered a slice of pizza and a drink, then took a seat in front of the stage, where the stars were doing their usual movements, but none out of the ordinary, which I had hoped to see, but I knew I wouldn't.

Rockstar Bonnie walked off the stage and to the kitchen to bring me my food. I was happy he was there, and wondered if Uncle brought it back before they all moved on. I guess after his debut, they put him to work to interact with the kids since he was so popular. When he came near, I expected him to greet me as Uncle would.  Needless to say I was disappointed, but it came to no surprise. I just sat and watched the robots, and ate my pizza.

The pizza didn't taste the same. I think, that pizza is most enjoyable when you're with others to share it with. Now that I was alone, the pizza tasted...off.

After I was done eating, I made my way to the bathrooms so I could wash my hands. Funny, as I made my way across the dining area, I swore I could see the animatronics watching me out of the corner of my eye. When I looked at them directly, they were just doing their regular movements.

"Get it together, (Y/N)..." I rubbed my temples and was sure to splash my face with water when I went to the bathroom. "You miss them so much you're seeing things..."

I started my rounds by looking at the animatronics. I just wanted to make sure they were working and that no maintenance was needed. They looked fine.

I went to the kitchen next, and looked at everything in there. Things were clean and the ingredients were fresh and of the greatest quality. Things were being run well, they didn't really need me to check on them. So I looked at the calendar in the kitchen and saw that there was a birthday party scheduled in a few days. I decided to swing by and help out, then. So I had something to look forward to.

After seeing that the kitchen, dining area and party rooms were in order, I decided to leave.

"Wait, Ms. (L/N)?" A man came from the office, dressed in our security uniform. I specifically avoided the office in the back, because of memories I wasn't up for dealing with at that time.

"Oh hey." I smiled anyway.

"Your assistant manager needs to see you before you go. He's in the office?"

"Assistant Manager? But I didn't hire one..." I said aloud, but I was really talking to myself.

I got ready to clobber someone for tricking people into thinking he was in charge.

When I got back to the office, there was no one there.

"I wonder where he went...hold on stay here, I'll go find him."

I sighed. I didn't want to be in there for too long. I rested my elbow on the table, and then rested my head in my hand. I was waiting a while when I decided to push the buttons to look through the cameras. Everything was fine, not like I was expecting anything less.

I quickly lifted my head off my hand, after noticing that Bonnie was gone. After the initial shock followed by nostalgia, I only smirked when I saw Bonnie in the dining area. I turned away from the cameras and spun in the chair a little.