Black and blue

The beeping of the hospital machinery caused me to open up my eyes. It hurt like hell as I tried to sit up. I heard a male chuckle out of nowhere and looked up, searching the room with my eyes. My frightened expression softened as I noticed who it was. "Lay back down..." He demanded as he fixed and fluffed the pillows behind me.

"Who did this to you?!" He asked with his arms crossed, his demeanour demanded an explanation. He sat on the edge of my hospital bed, and I scowled as I had to think back to that horrible morning. "I-I don't know... I couldn't see their faces...they had ski masks on..."

"Do you have any beef with anyone?" He asked. I bit my lip, and winced at the pain. "Yeah...but I don't wanna talk about it." He grimaced. "What you mean you don't wanna talk about it?" I sat up in bed, and the pain was so unbearable. I clutched the side of my torso where I had been kicked profusely.

He shook his head as he watched me doubled over in pain. "Look at you...What the fuck do you mean you don't want to tell me who could've of been responsible for you getting beat up?!" Because I'm scared... I thought.

"Look, Mickel just leave it... It's not even that serious." He took the toothpick he had been playing with out of his mouth, and looked at me like I was crazy. "It's not that serious?! Have you even seen yourself?"

I shook my head, and mouthed no as he passed me his phone. I put it on the front faced camera and tilted my head from side to side, as I examined the damage caused by those hooligans. My bottom lip was split, and had grown twice it's size. The skin around my eye had turned purple, and my jaw was swollen.

A tear slid down my cheek, as I pulled up my hospital gown and saw the array of black and purple bruises etched into my torso. He lovingly rubbed his thumb across my hand as I put his phone down and looked up at the ceiling.

"And if you know what's good for you...you will tell me who could be the cause of all of this, cuz they're insulting my intelligence by thinking they can get away with messing with anyone I'm involved with."

I paused. Involved with? So did this mean I was his girlfriend? I wiped my tears, and couldn't help but grin. Noticing my smile, He started smiling too and walked over to me. " Yeah I said it, involved with... You wanna be my girl?" My grin grew wider and I nodded eagerly.

Happy with my answer, he reached over and we started to kiss. The pain I felt was pushed to the back of my mind as I returned the affection. I ignored the fact that my lip was swollen, as our tongues danced in each other's mouths, and I boldly reached for his belt buckle, I could feel him smiling through our kiss. "You better slow down..." He mumbled. I ignored him as I continued to unbuckle his belt.

The sound of a woman clearing her throat stopped us in our tracks. I opened my eyes and could of wet myself when I saw my mom, and nan standing there. When the hell did they get here?! Mickel continued to kiss me, as I tried to push him off. Finally taking heed he fixed his belt whilst smirking, before turning around to face my mother and my nan. "Are you two done now?" My mother asked, very unamused.

My nan waved my mother off and spoke up. "Deidra leave the pickney them alone man!" She said in patois, as she walked over to the chair by my bed. My nan had been in Britain for well over 30 years, and still sounded like she had, when she stepped off the plane. Being the gentleman he was Mickel walked over to my nan, and escorted her frail frame to the chair. "Thank you, son." She smiled a warm smile, and patted Mickel on the hand.

Feeling awkward about the way my mother was glaring at Mickel, I decided to introduce them to each other. "Erm, mom this is..." She cut me off before I could even finish speaking. "Mickel..." She stated in a matter of fact manner tone. "This lovely young man, has been visiting you everyday since them miscreants beat you up, and left you fih dead." My nan explained, Mickel smiled at the way she exaggerated what happened.