4. Welcome to the Methlab Motel

"Shut up

"Shut up. What?" John B questioned, stretching his already sore back.

"No way," Kie sighed, not believing the boy for a second.

"No, no, guys. I'm serious. There's a boat down there," Pope pointed at a spot in the water, the group standing up to see what he was looking at.

"What the fuck..." Devyn mumbled, in shock at the new discovery.

"Shit, he's right. Let's go," Kie said as everyone began to undress, leaving them just in their swimwear.

"You think there's a dead body down there?" Pope questioned nervously as Devyn jumped in, finding the cool water comforting to her sweaty skin.

"Only one way to find out," Devyn chuckled, paddling next to JJ.

"Hey, pretty lady," JJ smiled, wiggling his eyebrows at her.

"Shut up," Devyn laughed, splashing him as John B, Kie, and Pope all got in the water. "Diver down," she mumbled as the group began to swim underwater toward the mysterious boat.

The saltwater in her eyes was a familiar but bearable sting, almost comforting in a way. She used her arms to propel her down, kicking her feet to aid her as well.
The boat was white and completely covered in seaweed on the top, an ominous glow surrounding it. It was hard to tell exactly what they were looking at while underwater, but they could all make out the fact that it was indeed a boat. 

An expensive one at that.

"You guys saw that, right?" JJ asked incredulously as they broke to the surface.

The group mumbled out a string of 'yeah's as they shared looks of disbelief with one another.

"That's a Grady-White," JJ exclaimed as the boys all laughed in shock. "A new one of those is like 500 Gs, easy," he said as they swam back to the boat, hoisting themselves onto the HMS Pogue.

"That's a primo rig," JJ spoke again, shaking his head to get the water out of his hair, reminding Devyn of a wet dog, yet the thought still brought a small smile to her lips.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. That's the boat I saw when I surfed the surge," John B said, staring at the sunken boat. "Maybe it hit the jetty or something."

"You surfed the surge?" Kie asked in disbelief, concerned for his safety above all else.

"That's my boy. Pogue style," JJ chuckled, high-fiving his friend.

"It was insane," Devyn shook her head, still unable to understand what they just found.

"Wait, you did too?" JJ asked the dark-haired girl, eyes wide in worry.

"Yeah, the waves were brutal," she muttered in response, grabbing a spare towel from Kie's bag to dry her body off.

"Wait, wait. Do we know whose boat that is?" Pope questioned, trying to figure out how the Grady-White went down and who it could possibly belong to.

"No, but we're about to find out," John B grinned as he opened a latch to find the boat's anchor.