27. Who Brought Barbie?

"Any guesses on why John B called yet another pow-wow?" Devyn sighed tiredly, wincing in pain as Pope threw a box of cereal at her stomach, seething when it came into contact with her bruising abdomen

"Any guesses on why John B called yet another pow-wow?" Devyn sighed tiredly, wincing in pain as Pope threw a box of cereal at her stomach, seething when it came into contact with her bruising abdomen. JJ chuckled from beside her on the sofa, sticking his tongue out when she looked at him.

"No clue, but he said it was important," Kiara shrugged, pacing back and forth on the Chateau's screened-in porch.

"Goddammit, Pope," Devyn whined, touching her abdomen tenderly.

She ripped the box open, shoveling dry cereal into her mouth. The girl hadn't eaten in over a day with everything going on, and her appetite finally got the best of her.

"Gimme some of that," JJ tried to grab the box from her hands, causing her to push him away with her feet.

"Don't fucking touch me! I'm starving," Devyn groaned, whining loudly when he finally ripped the box from her grip, cereal spilling onto the porch.

"Knock it off you two!" Kiara chastised, causing both of them to pout with a mouth full of food.

Devyn sighed grumpily, her interest piquing when she saw John B heading toward the porch, a pretty blonde trailing behind him.

"This isn't gonna end well," Devyn murmured, the other Pogues turning around as John B and Sarah entered the porch, making their way to the main couch.

"No effing way!" Kiara exclaimed, beginning to pace as the couple sighed heavily. "You brought her here? So what? She's in on this now?"

John B opened and closed his mouth, looking to Pope for backup, who simply shrugged confusedly.

"I dunno."

"Look, all I care about is her cut comes out of your share," JJ spoke up, causing Devyn to giggle, the girl sandwiched between Pope and the blonde.

"You know, I don't remember taking a vote," Kiara scoffed. "This is our thing. A Pogue thing."

"I gotta say, I'm just a tad uncomfortable with all of this," Pope admitted uneasily.

"Thank you!" Kie exclaimed.

"When are you not uncomfortable?" John B argued.

"Well, I dunno. I rode here on the back of JJ's bike pretty comfortably," Pope fought back.

"It's true. Most relaxed I've ever seen him," JJ piped in with a thoughtful nod.

"That's cute, guys," John B rolled his eyes.

"You know, we were all extremely comfortable until you brought her," Kiara glared at the pair.

"Stop talking about me like I'm not here!" Sarah defended.

"Then leave!"

"I told you," Sarah shared a look with John B.

"Told him what, exactly?" Kiara snapped. "That you're a liar?"