30. We're Not Batman

After rescuing an angry Kiara and an aggressive Sarah from their forced slumber party in the middle of the ocean, the Pogues were determined to find the gold

After rescuing an angry Kiara and an aggressive Sarah from their forced slumber party in the middle of the ocean, the Pogues were determined to find the gold. But, before they could do that, Devyn needed to make sure that Kie didn't hate her.

"Babygirl, I am so sorry those boys kidnapped you," Devyn hugged the mocha-skinned girl back at the Chateau. "I wanted no part in it, don't be mad at me."

"Oh, I know you would never stoop to their level," Kiara chuckled, hugging her back. "And, don't tell them, but it kinda worked."

"I'm happy for you," Devyn patted her thighs affectionately. "If you and Sarah are good, then I'm fine with her too."

"I don't know if good is the right word, but it's a start," Kiara laughed softly, smoothing the black-haired girl's flyaways down lovingly.

"Well, I'm happy for you, either way," Devyn kissed her cheek, head snapping up as she watched the boys enter the front porch.

"Kiara, Pope," JJ drawled dramatically, standing in front of the group as everyone got settled. "Meet my girlfriend."

"Girlfriend?!" Pope and Kiara exclaimed at the same time, eyes wide in shock, mouths agape at the new information.

"Yeah..." Devyn scratched the back of her neck awkwardly, unsure of what to say.

"Congrats, bro. Only took you 'bout ten years," Pope did the Pogue handshake with JJ, who was grinning like a cheesy bastard.

"Amen to that," Kiara giggled, patting Devyn's thigh lovingly. "I'm happy for you."

Devyn smiled brightly at her, her dimples creasing in her tan cheeks as JJ sat down next to her, pulling her across his lap.

"Hey, girlfriend," JJ wiggled his eyes childishly at her, hands locked around her waist.

"Will you knock it off?" Devyn chuckled, playfully slapping his chest.

"You got rope?" John B questioned thoughtfully as he came out the front porch, watching as Pope went through the duffle bag full of equipment.

"Got it," Pope chirped.

"Grappling hook?"

"No grappling hook. We're not Batman," Pope snorted, Devyn shaking her head as she smiled at her boys.

Sure, her life may be going to shit; she got kicked out by her brother, found out her father not only tried to kill her and her friends, but was also dead, and they were on an insane treasure hunt, but it was moments like these that she craved. The moments where all of the bad stuff went away, and all that mattered was that she was here and that she had her friends. Here she was sitting on JJ Maybank's lap, her boyfriend's lap, as he traced random shapes on her thigh. And she couldn't have been happier.

"Pulley?" John B ignored Pope's snarky remarks as Kie got up to check supplies.

"Check," the girl responded gleefully, ignited with excitement.