25. Sorry, Mom

The banging on John B's bedroom door was what woke Devyn and JJ, rather than Kiara honking her horn and screaming their names just short of a hundred times

The banging on John B's bedroom door was what woke Devyn and JJ, rather than Kiara honking her horn and screaming their names just short of a hundred times. Devyn fell onto the floor as she scrambled for her clothes, throwing a pillow at JJ once she saw the blonde still wasn't moving.

"One second, babygirl!" Dev called out to Kie, thanking the universe that the door was locked.

"Get up!" The girl hissed at JJ, who confusedly stumbled out of bed as she threw his shorts at him.

"What?" JJ hissed, grabbing a t-shirt from John B's drawer in a confused panic.

"Kie is outside," Devyn whispered, causing the blonde's eyes to widen in realization.

The black-haired girl's eyes found her reflection in the mirror as her eyes just about fell out of her head, turning around and smacking JJ's chest.

"Are you serious?!" Devyn exclaimed, pointing to the dozens of dark hickies lining her neck. There was no way she could cover them up.

"Oh shit," JJ chuckled softly, his smile dropping when he saw the matching bruises on his neck and collarbone. "Are you serious?"

She winced as she took note of his love bites. "Yours aren't nearly as bad as mine."

She sighed frustratedly as she grabbed a hoodie from John B's closet, tossing one to JJ as well before putting it on, making sure to flick the hood up as well as using her hair to hide the multitude of bruises on her neck.

JJ huffed as he put the hoodie on, securing the hood as well as Devyn made her way for the door.

"Forgetting something?" The blonde smirked, chuckling at her reaction as she turned around to see him holding her shorts.

"Jesus," Devyn giggled, throwing the shorts on and opening the door, stopping short as Kiara gave the two a weird look.

"Why do you both have hoodies on? It's almost 90 degrees outside?" Kie narrowed her eyes at the pair, who gave her innocent smiles.

"No it's not," JJ shook his head, Devyn resisting to the urge to slap him.

"What do you mean? I literally just checked-"

"No," Devyn gave her a sarcastic grin.

"Ooooookay," Kiara drawled, brows remaining furrowed as she led them to her car. "John B insisted that we have a meeting at The Wreck. Any guesses?"

Devyn and JJ just shook their heads no, as they climbed into the car, the girl adjusting her hood and hair to hide her neck.

Kiara shook her head at their weird antics, knowing better than to question as they drove to The Wreck, Bob Marley blasting through the speakers.

As soon as they pulled up to The Wreck, Devyn and JJ dashed inside, desperate to get in some actual air conditioning. John B and Pope waved them over, although the Routledge boy winced at the action, Kiara coming over as well as John B explained his current predicament; he was moving into Tannyhill.