11. Go for the Gold

After being rudely awoken from her nap in JJ's bed, Devyn sat in the van grumpily as her and the boys drove the The Wreck to pick up Kiara

"Hold on, so you're telling me that in the last three hours, you were arrested, chased by the square groupers, and electrocuted?" Devyn scoffed from beside Pope, still blinking sleep out of her eyes. The bruises that littered her face weren't as prominent anymore, instead fading to pale blue and purple painted across her skin, tinges of yellow shining through as well.

"Yeah, that about covers it," John B nodded, lips pursed together tightly.

"God damn, bro," JJ chuckled from the passenger seat. "I can't even look at you right now for leaving me out of something like that."

"Leaving you out—JJ shut the fuck up," John B shook his head, the blonde boy snickering as they pulled up to The Wreck, Pope jumping out to go get Kiara.

"She says she's not coming," Pope said, coming back outside after a few minutes.

"Why not?" JJ scoffed, turning to look at his friend. "What did you do to her, John B?"

"Shit," John B cursed, slapping the steering wheel. "Hang on. I'll deal with it."

JJ and Devyn locked eyes as he got out of the car, the girl wiggling her eyebrows as she laughed. "When I was trying to fall asleep at your house, I literally had a gut feeling that John B was doing something stupid. I fucking knew it."

"When is he not doing something stupid?" JJ chuckled, grinning at her as he looked at her in the rear view mirror. God, was she beautiful. Her black locks were in one thick braid that ended just above her belly button, her tan skin glowing in her jean shorts and cut-off white tank top. There weren't enough words to describe her.

Pope bounded back to the car, grumbling the entire time as he muttered something about John B being an idiot.

Kiara and the boy came outside a few moments later, sporting a sour look as she got into the van.

"Let's go, before I change my mind."

——-

The group of five were currently driving in the van, John B refusing to tell them their destination.

"You mind if I just relax on this one?" JJ sighed from the backseat. "It's been a long day, and a lot of weird stuff's gone down. I'm just gonna lay low. Oh, did you want a hit of this?" He asked Pope, referencing to the blunt in his hand that him and Devyn were sharing.

"I keep the signal clear," Pope rolled his eyes, holding a hand up.

"More for me then," Devyn grinned, grabbing it from his hand as she took a hit. Her eyes were bloodshot and a small grin was plastered to her lips. This was the first time she had felt relaxed in days.

"Dude, okay. Do you understand that your problem is that you don't get creative?" JJ explained, taking the blunt back as he shoved it toward Pope. "If you got creative, then—"