20. Spitting Cobra

Now at Rixon's Cove, John B worked on building a fire to keep the Pogues warm

Now at Rixon's Cove, John B worked on building a fire to keep the Pogues warm. Pope was lamely trying to help, saying he had been in Boyscouts when he was younger, although all he was doing was uselessly poking leaves with a stick. Kiara sat silently on a log in her stunning lilac dress, fiddling with her flower crown in her hand.

JJ and Devyn had gone into the woods to change, the two giggling all the while as they darted between trees.

"That was insane!" JJ giggled, grabbing Devyn's hand as he spun the laughing girl.

"We did make quite the exit," she chuckled softly, stopping behind a tree to get dressed.

"You made quite the entrance," JJ grinned at her, eyeing her in all of her beauty. "You look incredible."

"Knock it off," Devyn chuckled, holding nothing but admiration in her eyes for the boy. The feeling in her chest scared the hell out of her. She knew she would do anything and everything for him if he asked, and it was terrifying. The only 'relationship' she'd ever had was for two months freshman year with a Kook named Allyson Richards. It didn't end well to say the least. "Can you unzip me?"

"Mhm," JJ swallowed dryly, moving her hair over her left shoulder as his nimble fingers unzipped her in the back.

"Go get dressed, they're waiting for us," Devyn whispered as she began to slip out of her dress. It was halfway down her chest before JJ grabbed her face, connecting their lips passionately.

Devyn stumbled backward at the force of his body on hers, colliding with the tree she was standing in front of. Her lips matched his as JJ pushed her farther into the tree, moaning softly into her mouth as Devyn tugged on his hair. His hands moved from her cheeks to her waist, causing her to gasp and shove him backwards.

"What? Are you okay? Did I do something wrong?" JJ rushed out, eyes wide as he scanned her over.

"Sorry, no," Devyn murmured quietly, the feeling of Theo's bruising grip on her sides returning to her mind. Her stomach churned nauseously as she remembered the feeling of his hands, remembered how terrified she was of what those boys were going to do. "You're fine, I didn't mean to. We should get back."

She turned her back to him without another word, slipping out of the dress and folding it neatly back in her bag, tossing on a pair of black shorts and a yellow cropped tank.

"Devyn..." JJ trailed off lowly, eyes full of concern for her.

"It's fine, I'll tell you later, I promise," Devyn gave him a small smile, throwing her bag over her shoulder before pressing a soft kiss to his cheek.

"Okay," JJ nodded softly, concern evident in his voice as he watched her wait with her back against a tree.

He hurriedly changed out of John B's fancy clothes, opting for a cut off grey tank and cargo shorts.